MUWT 2: The Quickening

society was great fun at a local all night bad movie marathon a few years back

The producer of the movie was there for a Q&A and everyone was a delightful asshole and asked tons more questions about the main character’s license plate reading “HOOPS” than about his career, much to his chagrin.

Every time that car showed up, everyone shouted HOOPS.

This is the best way to watch Society

8 Likes

Love that stupid movie with all my energies

I like the use of symmetry in Get Out’s shot composition to make the image unsettling where in a typical indie flick it would be twee. Can’t wait for Peele’s Twilight Zone.

2 Likes

The Shape of Water is a very good movie that will spawn 10,000 unfortunate fetishes.

3 Likes

I can only assume this is a film to right the wrongs of Troy.

I’m realizing that Worth’s rant in Cube greatly informs my world views to this day

this is probably not good

1 Like

right click > save

1 Like

5 Likes

ocean’s 8 trailer reminded me I hadn’t seen set it off in about 20 years

what a cast

1 Like

I just watched Nocturama.

…Holy shit.

1 Like

Trying to figure out whether or not that movie had a despicable worldview and coming up blank. It was fascinating and well made but I don’t know if I like what it’s trying to say about my generation.

I sure didn’t expect Nocturama to get an US release one year later

This movie has haunted me for a while

hey I finally got a chance to watch Lady Convict Scorpion with a friend of mine. the copy we found online didn’t have any subtitles at all, which didn’t seem to matter much. this is definitely exactly what it’s been described as to me. a women in prison sexploitation movie elevated by a lot of very atmospheric and psychedelic cinematography but also by letting the main character freely get away with murder in some pretty horrific and ironic ways.

only movie I can think of where the protagonist uses lady sex to manipulate an officer of the law into getting murdered

sweet virginia with jon bernthal is another one of these blue collar crime movies where you just sit and watch people go about their lives and mumble a lot then at the end the regular guy has to shoot the criminal guy and then it just ends and I don’t know what we learned or anything but this one at least was filmed in hope, british columbia, which is also where first blood was filmed and it must be one of the most beautiful places I’ve seen.

2 Likes

there’s no orc too big / no cop too small
when you need help just call

Joe-joe-joe-joel and Will,

race relations

HAAAAH

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is an FMV game without a game attached

4 Likes