Movies You Watched Today: Return Of The Thread (Part 1)

I saw Bill & Ted Face the Music and it was amusing! Really silly and frivolous in a mostly entertaining way. I think the most wholesome thing they did with the movie is to portray the titular friends as having a mid life crisis… but not because their lives are bad or anything. The core gag is actually that their lives are pretty good and they love their wives and daughters and their wives and daughters love them back. They kind of spend the movie realizing that they don’t have that many problems really. At least not as many as they thought… I am so glad that they did not do the cheap and depressing thing and depict them as failures and shitheads, haha.

The absolute cutest thing is that the actress playing Keanu’s daughter does a PERFECT impression of him, incredible body language match, exacting down to the facial expressions and patterns of speech… it’s shockingly accurate lmao. I got a kick out of that.

Generally recommend this if you even had any fondness for either of the original movies. It’s nothing special but I had a fine time.

12 Likes