Mortal Kombat XI reveal livestream starting now

White Walker dude?

There’s always the issue where it’s like, Brienne is really cool but I don’t know that I want to see Gwendoline Christie have her face ripped off

1 Like

Kabal and D’vorah got announced. D’vorah’s new design is not great.

I’m genuinely kinda confused about MK11’s whole presentation so far. In-fight animation aside, the character art and just overall quality looks like a pretty big step back from Injustice 2.

But yeah, some good characters coming back (pretty sure Kano got announced earlier this week).

Oh D’vorah, what have they done to you?

At least you’ll probably be able to put a neat hat on her head? Maybe? Hopefully?

I want the hoodie/cape back ;_;

I’m sure it’ll be available in a loot crate.

1 Like

It’s Green Female Ninja!

That fatality is a pretty good gag honestly.

Ok, that fatality really got me

Think it was the little action figure win post for me.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s Boon’s voice as the director too.

That’s a good pull!

Kinda glad they brought back Cage’s tacky faux Oscar, too.

And now I’m mad remembering that was one of the fatalities you couldn’t use on Kratos in MK9 >:(

is that Will Arnett’s voice? that’s a choice i both dislike and completely understand

I will say, as funny as that video is, I am really going to miss mid-40’s divorced dad Johnny Cage. It was too perfect!

1 Like

Turns out you’ll actually get both it seems!

Cassie Cage, Erron Black, Jacqui Briggs, and Kotal Kahn also confirmed (most likely playable?). Also the Shao Kahn will actually be a part of the story unlike previous pre-order only characters like Goro and Darkseid.

Love how the “old” ninja costumes are just reverting back to the MK movie looks now. The story seems to be setting up two different factions with Kronika recruiting everyone Raiden has screwed over in the past and SF with Kotal Khan’s forces still following Raiden despite his clothes now being all black and his eyes crackling evil red stuff.

@1:39 are some real Shaolin Monks vibes

youtube comment pointing out that past Johnny seems to be looking up his own IMDB page there

2 Likes

Kinda bummed they replaced Cassie’s VA, but I’m glad to hear Johnny back.

Seems like they’re more or less retelling Armageddon in a far wilder way, even though MK9 starts with that game from the outset.

Makes me real curious to see who comes back, either unannounced or as DLC. Time travel opens up a lot of options!

(Through google translate) I like how in most of the character profile descriptions on this page seem to have a line about how the characters’ names are pronounced completely differently then they actually are spelled:

Scorpion’s VA has changed as well, along with Sonya. I mean, I can kind of understand popular VAs are busy and with them probably really upping the amount of work required with their focus on realistic facial motion capture and all that… but it still bothers me when a direct sequel taking place right after the events of a previous game, not even seemingly too far into the future or anything, and with there never really being any doubt about that this game would eventually get made right on schedule just changes the VA of what was basically a main character and just wants to pretend like everything was as it was.

Kano, too, from the sounds of things.

Could be worse! Could have had more stunt casting like Rousey.