mobile games that aren't just timewasters

Yeah, talked about that game a bit in the Puzzle Pavilion thread. I think it’s a nice little game, but you’re right that it’s pretty easy.

There is some post-release content they added for free that ups the challenge a bit, though. It’s a fire-themed area, and there are new enemies and mechanics; it’s neat! I’m currently stuck on a level in that area, which is something that didn’t really happen in the main game.

I got FF V working on mobile… a good version not the ‘mobile version’ that seems pretty darn good.

i decided to uninstall all my games and just carry a book everywhere instead. womp womp

1 Like

I started playing threes again

wow threes is amazing.

1 Like

Damn I’ve been waiting for a thread like this. Don’t know why I never made it. Certainly the hardest platform to find good games on

Clash Royale

Having already been down this path… don’t do this!!!

I got most of these immediately after getting a mobile device and they are all excellent

Also, New York Times crosswords

Isn’t there that new Michael Brough game out? Imbroglio or someting?

Also Frozen Synapse is on phones : 3

I’ve been playing Imbroglio and it’s fantastic. It’s like a deck building game, but instead of creating a deck of cards, you’re laying out tiles on a board. You can upgrade those tiles as you play, unlocking new attributes related to them. It’s great brain candy, and to my tastes it’s got an even better pace than 868-HACK. It’s also easier to play while semi-distracted, which I find useful in a phone game.

Brough’s other games are also all worth checking out. Helix is my favorite, but currently it’s a bit glitchy. An iOS update last year caused the app it invert all its colors and skew its aspect ratio. It’s still playable, but it’s a bit diminished.

iOS apps sure go obsolete quickly. Apple ought to do something about it. Nearly every iOS update introduces new compatibility issues, and indie developers lack the resources and incentive to keep up with patching their apps. I’m still sad about ZiGGURAT… RIP.

Why not? It’s better than hearthstone…

That’s your comparison point? Yes, Hearthstone is a bad game too.

Don’t play games where a large part of your performance is based on how much money you spend.

I don’t know if you have to spend money on it to perform well. I’m at tier 6 and climbing to tier 7 soon. Once I hit tier 8 there are tournaments that cap the usefulness of spending money. I think I might drop some money to get some versatility to my decks, but it’s been pretty fun/fair overall.

HEY YO

mini metro is finally out on iOS

2 Likes

i found a game called Alchemist that’s basically a DS era final fantasy tactics ripoff

Update: I cleared the dungeon once finally (as the Necromancer)

1 Like

snake bird

through the ages: a story of civilization

1 Like

not sure where else to put this, but there’s an iOS game I’m kind of curious about, don’t think I have anything that can run it though. Anyone wanna give it a shot?

http://hz.163.com/en/index.html

It looks like it has a full English version, but sorry if that turns out to not be true…

Battle of Polytopia is a civ-like that I’ve poured many hours into.

Also there’s The Room series if you like puzzle adventure games.