methods of input (Part 1)

i dont even slightly understand this

1 Like

I bought one of the Capcom 16 bit sticks with many names

CAPCOM Fighter Power Stick aka CAPCOM Power Stick Fighter aka CPSファイター SFC, and so on.
It’s interesting. It uses clicky microswitches and mine has both Super Famicom and Famicom cables.

Vibration motors in a stick? Genius.

These Ultrastik 360 things seem neat. Fully analog, restrictable with physical plates, built in usb interface and side harness for buttons.

mothmanspirit, That is pretty. Did you buy it?

I have fallen hard for the original ASCII stick for Famicom.
I have a boxed one and just ordered a second boxed one.
This is my favorite arcade stick.

They are beautiful, small, metal arcade sticks with microswitches.
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/oroti/famicom/cont27.html

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s a fancied up homage to tacky '80s woodgrain:

1 Like

The two part stick may not be the most convenient thing but I wish there was an arcade stick with adjustable stick/buttons separation. Most sticks sold right now have stick and buttons too close together. Which makes sense for 2 players cabinet but you have space to spare in a “fighting stick”

1 Like

It’s not that widely mentioned, but some of the sticks modeled after Namco panels, like that Soul Calibur V stick, have wider spacing between the buttons and lever than the Viewlix derivatives.

http://imgur.com/wCWH4ZX

4 Likes

Dis guy gets it.

Is that a Mayflash variant or new model? The button layout and the type of small buttons used scream Mayflash. The plastic in the old ones was solid enough for a mod but the lack of space made modding them a challenging task. Like the hole for drinks on this one.

Yeah, slightly more than the V3 which also have more spacing than a Vewlix but not by much, should have picked one when I had the chance. Button layout was decent too, though I prefer Astro City Player 2.

A hero forgotten too soon.

3 Likes

It’s a Playtech ps2/ps3 stick. The one in the pic isn’t mine, but I grabbed one for myself to use as a base for my ps360. I was planning on using the extra space to make a stick+ hitbox hybrid. The cup holder was a mod I found on neogaf.

There isn’t much special about the stick itself other than the form factor. The original setup didn’t use microswitches; it has shitty button-on-pcb contacts.

WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?

5 Likes

I have one of those! I love it. Got it cheaper than normal thanks to the magic of cigarette burns.

Is it amazing? I… I want one for PC. It seems kinda perfect for The Moon Fields.

It’s great for everything but d-pad heavy stuff like the Aki wrestling games. I have kinda small hands so the size doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

I got a Logitech G303. It has the much lauded PMW336X series of sensor, very low click latency, and is pretty light (85g) and of a size appropriate for a claw grip (I have slightly small hands and it is still small enough to claw for me). The software lets you turn off all the LEDs and BS and set specific DPIs for the DPI toggle button (and even assign, say, a thumb button to a specific DPI). I’m happy with it. It replaced my Zowie, which I was able to sell for more than the cost of the G303.

Does anyone have any idea what this thing is from? It’s super tiny and has a USB mini-B cable. There’s no markings on it. I haven’t dug up an adapter yet to see if it’s even recognized yet, but I scooped up a pair of them at a thrift store.

Edit: my best theory so far is that they’re from one of those really weird portable DVD players that has super wack built in games, but I haven’t been able to find a match online yet.

2 Likes

http://www.alphagrips.com/

Interesting.

4 Likes