methods of input (Part 1)

12 Likes

nice

21 Likes

What is that?

i have no idea! but the frog in the middle looks like the seaman logo?

1 Like

Twitter is saying it was released for a PS2 port of Seaman?

It sure was.

Got that SNES Classic controller. GameXplain says Mario Maker 2’s controls are configurable so I should be all set on that front. And of course I had to take a bad phone pic and upload it, even though I understand everyone knows what an SNES controller looks like. Please bear with my low-budget midlife crisis.

snes

The Wii U compatibility for this setup (attached to a Wii Remote) is pretty meh. I can play NES/SNES virtual console games, Kart 8, and the original Mario Maker, however NSMBU doesn’t recognize it at all, and certain games, like 3D World, are unplayable because they want ZL/ZR.

Everything on the Switch that does not require those specific buttons or the right stick – including most indies and their NES emulator – works through Magic NS (the remote adds plus, minus, and home).

I’ve always been kind of baffled by the array of controllers that Nintendo expects people to plug into a wiimote tbh

it’s the equivalent of the upside down charging mouse

2 Likes

You can trace the logic but knowing that the classic consoles launched ten years after the Wii (and four years after the Wii U) doesn’t help their case much.

1 Like

I picked up one of those wired SN30Pro controllers. It feels pretty good! I’ll have to see if the L2 and R2 buttons are analog (I doubt it!), but even for having the analog sticks kinda cramped into the SNES controller format it’s still comfortable.

Just dunno about the X and Y buttons being the same shade of purple. It’s more uniform but it just isn’t right :frowning:

2 Likes

some kind of native xbone/ps4 controller support coming in the new ios/tvos versions

2 Likes

12 Likes

I bought styluses for Mario Maker.

Look at all those tips. Try to imagine the precision facilitated by those transparent discs. These are YouTube recommended and money back guaranteed.

The downside of capacitive screens made for fingers is this nonsense. The stylus for the Wii U worked great, and I can’t imagine these being as easy to use. Let us know!

I also bought that sylus, also for mario maker. it feels real nice, but until I get to test it in a game like that who knows how effective it is

i think i’m going to get one of these eventually they look cool

terrifying, lol

1 Like

Updates:

• The stylus works well in Mario Maker, particularly the thin disc tip. I have trouble grabbing stuff with the thicker nub tip if I’m holding the pen at an angle.
  • The SNES Classic Controller also works for playing, but you have to start with a Wii Classic in your remote and then swap it out because even though the shoulder buttons are mostly interchangeable you need to hit ZL + ZR to start. So I’d hold off on that until there are better adapters (or just use a different controller).
1 Like

always wanted one of these