methods of input

Super Joy Box 3 & Elecom are the gold standard for effectively lag-free ps2->usb adapters.

LMAO

16 games and not even vampire savior. They could have released their entire arcade library but instead it’s this bullshit

Capcom literally could have done anything else and it would be better

I would have swallowed a 30 buck dlc for the belt scroller collection for AvP but instead it’s a goddamn 250 dollar piece of advertising coming out the same month as the MD Mini

progear no arashi though

the absolute dark horse

WHAT

IF

what if

Capcom

TOOK

the perfectly fine CPS1 and 2 emulators they shoved into MT Framework for the Belt Scroller Collection

AND

used that to release some kind of shooter anthology, a collection of games that only includes one (1) licensed game (UN Squadron aka Area 66) and one questionable (Dimahoo, which was part of the whole Capcom pushing for shooters thing but is also technically a Mahou Daisakusen game so 8ing might own it, who knows)

WHAT IF I COULD BUY PROGEAR

A PIECE OF INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE

THAT CAPCOM OWNS SOME STAKE TO THE RIGHTS TO FOR SOME REASON

FOR NOT THE PRICE OF A GODDAMN NEW VIDEO GAME CONSOLE

look, if I’m going to fucking shell out 250 bucks for this thing, could you not put Sports Club or Eco Fighters in there

they should put some sort of computer

in some sort of capsule

that maybe could run those games, perhaps in exchange for goods or services

but sports club is three games in one!

761 Likes, 12 Comments - Handheld Obsession (@handheldobsession) on Instagram: “Oh hell yeah it’s time to play!!! #retrogaming #retrogames #vintagegaming #nintendo #gameboy…”

Dunk Stars and soccerfootball are shit games and tennis, aside from being ported by itself to the Dreamcast for some reason, is superseded by a dozen other perfectly playable arcade tennis games with accessible ports or modern entries

It looks like the Capcom stick cant be used as a controller? WTF?

The Shika looks really fabulous.
Could prolly clone that using some bamboo cutting boards and a router…

please note that past me is an idiot and in testing what buttons were what in the SVC version of MWIV, managed to bind every button except R1

it works fine, though I haven’t tested if the d-pad stuff from the newest firmware works outside of Switch mode

within like a half hour i knew I needed a second one

Oooh. looks really nice. Is that easily PC compatible?

Very compatible. Gets recognized as an Xbox pad over USB. If you want wireless on PC you’re better off going with the bluetooth version, though. I tried getting the 2.4g dongle working in a Mayflash adapter, but no dice.

I’ve heard that the d-pad is mapped as an analog stick by default in pc mode. Anyone know if that is true? Or maybe I’m thinking of the retro-bit controllers.

It is supposed to work with switch over usb as well. I should try that with the sega ages collection.

Anyway, I love my 2.4ghz version as a genesis controller. Absolutely fantastic. If you are trying to decide between 2.4g and bluetooth, according to some tests the bluetooth version is laggier. But of course the bluetooth version has better wireless compatibility.

I’ve got the BT model and it defaults to emulating the left stick through the dpad but the updated firmware lets you reassign it to either stick or the dpad. it also works with anything that can take DInput, so I’ve used it with my phone wirelessly and my PS3 wired

my main complaint about the BT model is that it’s not available in white like the 2.4ghz model is

OKAY EVERYBODY LISTEN UP

Here’s the lowdown on the 8bit do:

• The game doesn’t only boot as Xinput. If you turn the power off (hold the start button), then hold start plus B, it turns on as direct input. This works as direct input if you do it before plugging it into PC. Same with Xinput mode, which you boot by holding start + X

• The d-pad is mapped to the analog stick by default. However, you can switch the input to each stick and d-pad by holding down select (minus) plus the corresponding d-pad direction for a few seconds.
    Minus + Up = d-pad
    Minus + Left = left stick
    Minus + Right = right stick
    this works for every input type, and I tested it on switch, PC with Dinput, and with Xinput on Tekken 7. Also, holding Minus + Y (I think) swaps the X/Y and A/B positions, so that you can comfortably map the buttons to their actual positions on Switch/Xinput.

Hope this helps