methods of input (Part 1)

cant get the second pargraph out of that weird box

apparently 4 spaces at the start
of a line gives you a weird box.

Which PS1->USB adapter do you use? I bought one and it’s really poor (easily >120ms latency), so I’ve gunshy

Are there any decent N64 controller solutions for PC?

Should I chance one of these dodgy ass $10 controllers on Amazon, or buy a MayFlash adapter and hit up a retro store for an authentic controller that hopefully doesn’t have a lousy analog stick, or?

1 Like

retrobit has some hybrid-ish thing coming out next month that swaps the analog and dpad positions and drops the middle handle

Blasphemy

2 Likes

It looks like the hori64 pad and that’s fucking dope

1 Like

that sonuds awful. how am I gonna play mischief makers like that??

or bangai-o??

1 Like

on the Dreamcast, obviously

I am well aware that the two versions are very different games, please don’t hurt me

1 Like

:D!!!

my beautiful, wonderful and amazing friend got me this. it comes in a cute little matte box

the controller feels appropriately weighty, and the d-pad feels nearly indistinguishable from the saturn one. I can’t wait to try this out in fightmans

10 Likes

some long time ago you could look up lists comparing adapters for the purpose of connecting dance pads

they specifically included input lag measures because it’s so important in rhythm games

so maybe google that and wonder how to source ten year old adapters

Super Joy Box 3 & Elecom are the gold standard for effectively lag-free ps2->usb adapters.

2 Likes

LMAO

16 games and not even vampire savior. They could have released their entire arcade library but instead it’s this bullshit

1 Like

Capcom literally could have done anything else and it would be better

I would have swallowed a 30 buck dlc for the belt scroller collection for AvP but instead it’s a goddamn 250 dollar piece of advertising coming out the same month as the MD Mini

progear no arashi though

the absolute dark horse

WHAT

IF

what if

Capcom

TOOK

the perfectly fine CPS1 and 2 emulators they shoved into MT Framework for the Belt Scroller Collection

AND

used that to release some kind of shooter anthology, a collection of games that only includes one (1) licensed game (UN Squadron aka Area 66) and one questionable (Dimahoo, which was part of the whole Capcom pushing for shooters thing but is also technically a Mahou Daisakusen game so 8ing might own it, who knows)

WHAT IF I COULD BUY PROGEAR

A PIECE OF INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE

THAT CAPCOM OWNS SOME STAKE TO THE RIGHTS TO FOR SOME REASON

FOR NOT THE PRICE OF A GODDAMN NEW VIDEO GAME CONSOLE

3 Likes

look, if I’m going to fucking shell out 250 bucks for this thing, could you not put Sports Club or Eco Fighters in there

1 Like

they should put some sort of computer

in some sort of capsule

that maybe could run those games, perhaps in exchange for goods or services

2 Likes

but sports club is three games in one!