so the jaguar pad, basically

2 Likes

need to check how much these go for, they are perfect for MiSTer

1 Like

13 Likes

http://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/SFC_1988Q4.html
essential

4 Likes

Found a pretty cool SNES 3rd party pad today. Managed to clear SCV4 with it, so I’d call it a winner!

10 Likes

Convex buttons are correct.

3 Likes

Haven’t put it through all of its paces just yet (there’s a whole mess of dead zone configuration and trigger actuation you can calibrate), but the Astro C40 probably has the best D-Pad I’ve used on a PS4 controller.

Only two buttons on the grips, but they’re big and meaty and easy to hit. Need to do some jumpin’ and shootin’ in Apex to test them out.

Cleaning out some bookmarks. Thought this would be of interest. I’d love to be able to lean in FPS games by just tilting my head.

You can already use TrackIR for stuff like this, but I guess it’s not integrated into headphones

new retro bit saturn pad works with ps3 but not ps4 which i believe is not surprising

is the fact it fucks steam up for me a surprise?

1 Like

what does it do to steam

I bought one of these things from some sketchy website that immediately charged for a preorder. it hasn’t shipped, because of course it hasn’t shipped.

Speaking of Saturn pads, has anybody tried this one? I’ve been eyeballing it for a while

I like it and I think @notbov does too

1 Like

i’ve been in a controller crisis for the past few months. i use my saturn pad to play FGs but it’s got a busted d-pad, and rather than try and fix it or get a new one i would rather try a modern alternative that was built for PC use. so this seems like a fantastic option to me as long as the d-pad is like, good and usable for fighting games and other such high-action formats

and also input latency is a concern, considering the track record of USB controllers with cross-compatibility having inferior response times

There are two versions of the controller: 2.4g and M30 (bluetooth). I have read the 2.4g (custom wireless, with dongle) has much lower input latency, something like 5ms vs 20ms. I’m not blind but I can’t tell <60ms apart and the bluetooth model I have hasn’t bothered me.

1 Like

I use the 2.4 GHz wireless version on my Genesis and it’s perfect. As BustedAstromech mentioned above the bluetooth version is laggier, but its otherwise pretty great.

i dont fuck with wireless outside of ps4 in the living room.
i most use ps1 to usb adapters for most games and genesis to usb adapters if i dont need as many buttons.

I really wanna put microswitches in a pad. im not sure if i should try to mout full size sanwa units (gotta cut square holes) or little mouse switches. im not using my sega pads as much now that i have a good sega stick but the rubber cups are all starting to get soft. i have areally nice all mechnical “fighting pad pro” which i love but the little clicky stick isnt good for small taps as a pad.

1 Like