methods of input (Part 1)

this guy hacked an analog stick into his NES MAX.

3 Likes

this guy hacked an arcade Time Crisis gun up to a Guncon 2 pcb and external power supply to make it playable with PS1/2 games.

1 Like

Someone made a really nice custom controller for the early Wing Commander games.

5 Likes

Oh my sweet jesus

1 Like

weird

6 Likes

hmmm, so the “1st pc gun” package contains the interface gizmo, meaning they can also sell a cheap “2nd pc gun” package that includes just the gun and some games. that’s nice.
i bet the 2nd gun boxes are significantly rarer now.

Has anybody here ever actually owned a SuperScope 16 or whatever it was called

1 Like

Yeah, I only had the pack-in game, which had mini game reinterpretations of whack-a-mole, Tetris, and Missile Command though. It was cool.

Not as satisfying as the Zapper, but the bazooka form factor was half the novelty.

It’d still work on modern TVs since it used a external sensor, right? Or was that just an IR receiver?

the jpn infrared white Saturn pad is def the coolest looking Sega pad?

and wow you can use it as a tv remote? wow.

company Retrobit’s upcoming line of Sega pad re-releases model the bluetooth variant on it, but unlike the wired pads only seems to have been shown off in black. sad.

4 Likes
1 Like

This store in Niigata seems to have come across a box of brand new Super Famicom ASCII Grips and is selling them for 980 yen each.

Always surprises me when this stuff happens.

3 Likes

Has ports that map input from controllers for people with limited mobility to standard Xbone buttons

6 Likes

Look at this its a stand to make your switch look like a Nintendo Vs. ~$85 JDM.

Hibachicandy’s concept for a Taito Canary styled Switch dock.

Some very nice customized sticks from the same person. Cool.

Looky here, 8bitdo apparently preparing a bluetooth Saturn knockoff with dual-analog. Oh nevermind this is an April Fool’s prank aparently.

2 Likes

too bad, i’d buy it.

2 Likes

there are wireless Saturn pads coming, just not from them and without analog sticks

1 Like

A is too close to the right stick anyway (but I’d still buy one)

SLS has a grand history of amazing arcade related products. Some of our favorites include the legendary Sega Saturn Virtua Stick & Virtua Stick Pro, modeled after the Astrocade line of arcade machines from the early 90s. Eventually SLS would close it’s hardware division but not before giving us awesome gems like the Virtua Stick High Grade & USB releases of the Sega Saturn Gamepad. However, there was one unique product for the PS2 that got away.

At Tokyo Game Show 2005, SLS announced a full arcade panel sized arcade controller unit series dubbed “A-Stick” and featured both single player and dual player configurations. At TGS 2005, Sega featured a few models of the product showing off the single/dual player setups in addition to a co-branded one with SNK for the King of Fighters series.

Wow.

Also:

Don’t remember ever seeing this black PS2 variant of the Virtua Stick.

Check out this boy’s modded VSHG.

1 Like

sls also made the excellent usb saturn pads about a decade ago, that now sell for over £100 on ebay.