methods of input (Part 1)

Tyler DeCuir:

this boy runnin’ a straight slab

oh fuck the real shit has been hiding on facebook all this time god damn

8 Likes

handmade wooden parts by (I think) YJA user arisyanfam

too pure for our dark world

2 Likes

Irem Madonna panel/enclosure ended up going for ¥26,300 earlier today, somebody going to have themselves one doozy of a fightstick

3 Likes

going through an old drive and found this picture of my modded agetec

it has the datel 360/ps3 pcb from like 2009, the vmu in there is just a dust cover

16%20AM

i still have this thing! definitely my favourite stick design

3 Likes

3 Likes

There’s a store near me that has one of these. I’ve been staying strong for a couple years and not pulling the trigger on it.

Damn they made a USB Virtua Stick? How did I miss this?

oh wow and it has real(ish) buttons?

daddy’s gonna have to do some budget smudging

4 Likes

I’m considering picking up a new arcade stick for my PS4 as I’ve largely been playing on a Hori Fighting Stick Mini until now. It was fine at my old place because I had a desk for it to sit on as I played, but now I need to put the stick in my lap and its lack of size and weight makes it less than optimal. I am also considering picking up a 360 later this year to play shmups on. Most sticks I’m seeing on the market are either PS4/PC or PS4/PS3/PC. Would any of these work directly with a 360 or would I need to get an adapter/360-specific stick? How good are adapters nowadays, and are there any good ones that convert USB sticks to PS2 and/or Saturn?

Basically I think it would be nice to consolidate my collection of crappy sub-$100 sticks for various consoles into a single premium stick that would work on every platform I own, but I don’t know how viable this is and if adapters still suck in 2018

:heavy_plus_sign:

Okay but what if I’m not interested in changing the PCB

I am unsure. Might be worth the cost/time investment if you’re looking to make the jump to a nice stick and want to use it on 4+ consoles, though.

with those requirements i’d look into getting a custom stick built from the obligatory ‘person who makes really nice sticks’ in your nearest fg scene if possible

i believe the brook converters are fine though anything going to ps4 ends up in a firmware cat and mouse game with sony whenever there’s a ps4 os update so perhaps look into a ps3/ps4 stick and a 360 converter if that’s a thing

I guess the base question was “do PC sticks work on 360 natively” because Microsoft makes both Windows and Xbox so I was expecting maybe they’d be cross-compatible, but I’m guessing by your wording that it’s not

they’re not compatible
very microsoft

You can get sticks that can do Playstation/PC, or sticks that do Xbox/PC, but all three is somehow not possible for reasons I can only assume are Sony’s fault.

last gen it was actually microsoft’s fault and ps3 would take standard hid devices while the 360 wouldn’t

of course sony regressed on that for the ps4

1 Like

yeah the ps3 was really nicely generic in some unusual ways.

Sony had a lot of goodwill to earn back and I think they were honestly one of the more benevolent industry forces from like 2009 through a couple years ago

I still think the ps4 is a very good product considering when it launched and how expensive GPU hardware has become and how unattractive windows was immediately before that but I think like 80%+ of the ps4 games I have were released in 2015 and 2016 (or like, bookended by bloodborne and nier) and Sony have gotten a lot more boring as a publisher recently

1 Like

DkpUmkjXoAEmJoU

1 Like

I have been thinking about how to reconfigure my control/sitting situaesh

because my new toys came in the mail today

10 Likes

Yikes that’s ugly.