Mega Drive Most Wanted

I haven’t heard it anywhere official, just people mentioning in various places that there are legal issues around the involvement of Michael Jackson and / or Brad Buxer with the soundtrack.

Sega always deny that they used any of the MJ songs, but Ice Cap Zone at least sounds exactly like an old unreleased Brad Buxer song for the Jetzons, that I think was unearthed in recent years?

Could all just be rumours and speculation, but would explain why Sonic 3 is not even on the AtGames system.

2 Likes

It’s too bad the nefarious @VastleCania forces us to toil in the Super Nintendo mines, day in and day out!

5 Likes

no nhl 93, no toejam, no micro machines or skidmarks, this is a terrible list

Look at this fairweather genny fan

Doesn’t know it’s NHLPA 93

4 Likes

it’s 2018, can we stop perpetuating the myth that ToeJam and Earl is a good videogame

1 Like

I thought people just liked the tunes

As well they should, to be fair

it’s a famitsu list, you’re not going to get western games

you take this post back

1 Like

The great thing about this list is that it doesn’t include all the popular but mediocre games that genesis fans love, like ToeJam and Earl, Aladdin, Mortal Kombat II, Vectorman, and so on. I hate western lists because they make the genesis look so inferior to the snes by comparison.

This list isn’t perfect, of course. It is missing Shadowrun, Ranger-X, Streets of Rage 3, Granada, Arcus Odyssey, and some of my other favorites, but at least it includes the likes of MUSHA, Thunderforce IV, and Gauntlet IV.

I am surprised by the complete lack of Shinobi though.

langrisser 2 innit

1 Like

JAPAN LOVES LANDSTALKER!

Mega drive canon:

• Every game with a save battery
  • Every game w/ music composed or arranged by hitoshi sakimoto
  • Every konami & treasure game
1 Like

I agree

put McDonald’s TreasureLand Adventure on the MD Mini

just put mazinsaga on the thing

2 Likes

i had mazin saga as a kid, it’s great! also, it’s one of those games that looks ugly in still screenshots, but amazing in motion

How did I fail to get Kid Chameleon in this thread?

KID CHAMELEON.

1 Like

I have a lot of affection for High Seas Havoc, flawed as it may be. It’s exactly like every other generic mascot platformer except it’s got some actually good level design in there. And you need to have some representation of random animal mascots to give new generations the authentic experience of the 16 bit era.

2 Likes

if we’re putting in High Seas Havoc, we gotta make room for Socket too

2 Likes

where the fuck is Battle Mania

Gleylancer

Super Shinobi 2

where

is

CURSE

4 Likes

Curse is kinda whack aside from the boxart imo.

Crying / Biohazard Battle is highly recommended if u like the Curse aesthetic!

2 Likes