Max Payne / Alan Wake / Quantum Break / Control

Those old hallways are strangely comforting to me. Max Payne was one of the first PC games I bought for myself when I was a teen so it has a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Me too! You can hear about how purchasing Max Payne taught me about economics (and also me ruining a joke) on, uh, I think it was the most recent Holiday Deathcast.

It was the first game I downloaded an iso of

my friend sent me a HOT WAREZ COPY of the original circa 2002 and I have yet to play entirely through a version with the voices intact

Oh snap, me tooo

This was my first experience with the game, I had no idea what a game rip was at the time and assumed that there was limited voice acting until I bought my own copy to play beyond the first couple of levels.

There’s something really satisfying about the sound the game makes when you pick up a bunch of weapons at once and all the weapon pickup noises overlap and make kind of a chorus effect. An extra reward for killing a bunch of dudes in a clever manner.

I feel like it’s something distinctly from games made between 1998 and 2001 or so (maybe that’s just the time of my life when I played these games most heavily but whatever)

3 Likes

HL2 has the best multipickup sfx chorus. The best. Plus all those bright little icons popping up in a row on your HUD.

please don’t forget the movie which was gloriously stupid and knew it

1 Like

did it though?

too much shit-tier noir, not enough blood opera

1 Like

yeah but they put a camera on wahlberg’s gun and had him grimace into it for a 5-minute rampage

then the drug angels showed up

ur face is a drug angel that then showed up

do they have 1913 rail or mlok attachments for go pros

AW SNAP

also dont forget the GBA game

4 Likes

1 Like

Marky Mark movies are usually Max Payne quality or other.

I guess moviemax is pretty relatable.

the taurus judge backup piece

1 Like

I thought we all agreed that John Wick was the Max Payne movie?

Hell no. None of Max Payne is in that. Good movie, but cut from another cloth gunpowder singed cloth.