Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

normally I prefer movies alone but I purposefully went to see it early so there’d be a bunch of kids who give a shit getting excited about things around me

4 Likes

Avengers is best watched on a big screen because there’s so much stuff on the screen at any given time and that’s just a mess on even a big TV at home, so I agree to an extent. But my audience experience sucked (I mean, I’m not going to the theater to have a guy next to me check his phone every five minutes - he could have been playing Flow Free, idk and saying “Thor” every time Thor appears in a scene) and so, yeah, would rather watch at home. The solution of course is a projector but we don’t have the wall space for it

I never had this bad of an experience watching Star Wars though and that’s the next movie I’ll go out for, so I’ll be fine. Star Wars fans - the ones that actually care and see the movies in theaters instead of complaining about women online - are pretty alright. Alright movie goers, at least

happy birthday george lucas

This is exactly the reason to go to the theater, people are interesting and movies are spectacles

If the TV is big and beautiful enough, I can own the Blu-ray for the price of two theater tickets. And I can control the volume. I have sensitive ears. And I don’t have to pay extra for a recliner.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a great theater. But its hardly worth it anymore. Especially now that the majority of movies are shot digital.

if any of you havent seen it
come for the studio banners thst definitely didnt stay around longer thsn thisnfilm took to shoot
stay for honestly a good 1v1

revenge of the sith has great lighstaber fights only matched by revenge of the sith: the official game of the movie having a (to my teenaged self) legitimately compelling versus mode

I remember watching this before the dark times; before the YouTube.

2 Likes

Can any of you star wars experts explain what this star wars reptile has to do with coding? I don’t get it.

Also make sure to get your official Ewoks cartoon shirt.

I wouldn’t even recognize that as Star Wars so…

Damn I didn’t realize I was that old

2 Likes

man i have so many high school memories of dicking around with our AV program’s Avid editing tools and trying to help my Star Wars superfan friend make his pvc pipe lightsaber fights he would choreograph on the soccer field or in workshop rooms like that video.

this was also when Kill Bill came out so there was some bouncing back and forth between this and Tarantino parody videos. lots of airsoft guns and briefcases and awkward teens wearing thrift store suits

4 Likes

I did a video for a final project on “Crime and Punishment” that was just like a sequence of poorly conceived and executed references to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Matrix, and generic Tarantino bullshit RIP my innocence and naiveté

3 Likes

we added a swordfight to Jane Eyre

3 Likes

The films I made in high school made extensive use of my best friend’s hobby of creating crude metal swords and chain mail.

2 Likes

We built a lego city in an aquarium and flooded it for our remake of Clash of the Titans. I think we also had Zeus played by a Mick (from Rocky) action figure.

3 Likes

In highschool, our “films” were exclusively in Japanese. Because my main movie making pals were all in Japanese class with me. and Script writing was a great way to stretch our grammar notes.

2 Likes

In 8th grade Latin we had to make a group project based on one of the chapters of the book, in which a cart breaks down and a couple of brothers have to wait for a ride to get them. We added that they fell asleep waiting and made a Legomation dream sequence of every Lego we had fighting in a giant war for no reason. We got a C

6 Likes

We also did a lot of skits for our Japanese class. In these skits, we would often try to make puns in Japanese and juxtapose situations. We (from a small town out west) took one of our skits “Tea Ceremony on a Train”, to Seattle and won 2nd place in a Japanese skit competition!

1 Like