Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

You’re in luck, World of Warcraft Classic coming out this year

1 Like

19 Likes

As a nondescript white guy I’m never going to get tired of being vaguely represented in media by white dudes doing cool things and this is one of the reasons why it’s good that everyone eventually dies and gets replaced by hopefully a better breed of person. That said, the white guy in Fallen Order just seems boring, I agree. Hopefully the writers did a decent job and at least he’s going somewhere interesting

1 Like

glitterstim

2 Likes

I too have read that EU book about Marty Stu Kyp Durron and his stolen Superweapon That Totally Trumps The Death Star that’s too powerful to keep in anyones hands. After teenage angst and REVENGE Kyp eventually destroys the ship through near heroic self-sacrifice because he managed to stuff himself inside a tiny message pod because Jedi prior to dropping the ship into a black hole.

Right, the spiders. They feed on Bogeys (canon non-canon name), will-o-wisp like things that can phase through everything EXCEPT those spider’s webbing. Kyp makes the spiders that were pursuing him, Han and Chewbacca think there was a Bogey nearby away from them.

I hope we finally get to see what the Midichlorians look like, and that they are just tiny floating George Lucas heads

2 Likes

I want the Midichlorians to look like Tardigrades.

These. In your blood. That’s the Force.

3 Likes

These, but with the face of George Lucas, humming along with the power of the force

3 Likes

I’m back to say that The Mandalorian looks awesome (I saw the two leaked teasers).

Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. The title is probably referencing him. Whether he goes dark side or light side, the title works.

1 Like

New Star Trek already did a thing with these.

And here are watchable versions of The Mandalorian leaks, if anyone is interested.

1 Like

Was it here that someone posted that theory about Rey being a clone of Luke’s severed hand? I think that’s hilarious and so comic bookish. I mean I hope it’s not true and it’s all about that bad boy Kylo

The mandatorian looks good, and I will probably watch it and enjoy it because that’s the kinda girl I am.

But that being said…

• Basing a dude closely on the version of boba fett in the holiday special for a gritty space western is fucking wild
  • This seems like it’s kinda trying to project a very spiritual sequel to Firefly vibe. Wether that’s good or bad, I dunno. But that’s definitely my read here.
  • The door droid guard I saw in one clip, with the gonk droid felt much more on the nose than most of the Disney Star Wars stuff has felt up until this point, I dunno.

Like I said, I’ll probably enjoy this but there is a…distinctly fanservicey vibe to this whole thing.

1 Like

disney star wars

1 Like

Nah, not like this. This isn’t just ‘hey remember some thing about Star Wars remixed’ this is ‘literally visually identical things’

Like even Han Solo was less blatant with it’s Han shot first moment.

And Rogue One and the Last Jedi were hardly pure fanservice pieces either.

And Rebels mostly did it’s own thing, even if it very much was a continuation of the Clone Wars

i think vader pwning all the noobs at the end kind of destroyed any goodwill i had towards the occasionally interesting choice in rogue one.

4 Likes

That scene totally worked in the context of the movie and really builds tension going into the original star wars if you watch rogue one between trilogies, IMO.

i’m the person that wanted a fade to black when the death star obliterated everyone

1 Like

Well, The Mandalorian takes place only like 5 years after Return of The Jedi. So, it has mostly the same look as old Star Wars. So that may be why it feels more on the nose.

I like Force Awakens well enough and liked Last Jedi even a little more. However, the new coat of paint doesn’t completely read, for me. I think Rogue One is the best of the Disney Star Wars, so far. And then add in that due to its chronological placing—it looks like Star Wars. So yeah, I like Rogue One best. And The Mandalorian looks great.

*Also, I thought Solo was doing the Firefly thing, quite a bit. I liked that movie, too. but wished they had done something other than a train heist. Because that was kind off crossing the line for me, on the shades of Firefly.

Well they had the Starkiller Base in Force Awakens so I’m not sure why their seems to be some widespread negativity about seeing a piece of a death star in the new trailer.

Let’s all remember that Boba Fett is not actually Mandalorian, he just had Mandalorian armor. From no one knows where. So I don’t think this is going to be that much like the Boba we know

…from his dad.

1 Like