Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

After Solo, I am 100% down for this kind of movie

When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory

1 Like

idk but i’m almost positive f9 is gonna be the installment where they’re on a baseball team

Hoping that “Skywalker” is actually a reference to the ranch (which is now air/spaceborne), and that it’s also the location of the film’s climax.

Granted, I’m still debating whether the final battle should be a verbal debate with both sides trying to convince George Lucas to retcon the other out of existence, or a simple chili cook-off with 20 clones of Palpatine acting as judges.

2 Likes

they don’t have to retcon anything about Rey because the Skywalker who is Rising is Kylo Ren

it’s the prequel trilogy in reverse y’all

4 Likes

The Curious Case of Anakin Button

4 Likes

Actually kind of sad Mr. Kill The Past is fixing his busted cosplay gear.

3 Likes

Whoa, Suda’s fallen on hard times, huh.

can’t wait for jj to deliver this series’ The Return of the Jedi but without the virtue of space bears that will eat people :frowning:

3 Likes

btw has anyone figured out whose voice that is in the trailer? it doesn’t sound like luke

maybe it’s broda, yoda’s cooler older brother

1 Like

4 Likes

Hell yes.

If it’s poetry, third verse started predictably, they tried switching the flow up and people couldn’t follow, now it’s back to the old schemes and references

I thought the laugh was palaptine just to make this story super boring.

4 Likes

I took Rise of the Skywalker to mean Luke had been out there “seeding” the galaxy with his illegitimate children (that’s who the orphans are from The Last Jedi).

That or they mistyped it and it’s actually meant to be Rise of the Skinwalker and Disney is just taking the franchise out with some really wiggity woo woo shit.

3 Likes

oh my god are we really going to get a ‘kylo rebuilds his darth vader cosplay outfit’ montage?

i hope the manbaby legions are satisfied

I mean whatever happens this era produced easily the best piece of star wars media since like, fun early 90s EU stuff (and probably since empire), I’d be amazed if they can keep that up

2 Likes

You’re talking about the scene in Solo where they put NOS in the Millennium Falcon, right?

5 Likes

I feel like I got some bad vibes from this, like the rebuilding the helmet scene looks like a nod from JJ to the fanboys saying “don’t worry guys, we heard your complaints and we will fix this”

And I guess they really really wanted to bring back the Death Stars yet again for some reason

Abrams said “we need to make sure this film also works for people who don’t know star wars but also it is a finale for a series of 8 movies”. If something is going to try and please everyone it is going to please no one say Rudie who will see it opening day.

4 Likes