Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

I’m just so sick of games about the Jedi/Sith can I get another goddamn pilot game again or something

2 Likes

i feel this, but i also think the post-order 66 setting has some potential to be good. it seems like a constant in the EU stuff is the desire to make star wars more edgy and moody. i usually hate this kind of thing because it often results in bullshit like ‘what if… the empire… was good…’ or really boring anti-hero things (or both!)

so if it has to be dark, this actually seems like a pretty good angle. like, the last jedi of his kind on the run from the man… idk it sounds cool to me.

2 Likes

Godspeed, Rebels – Assault 3!

1 Like

also respawn is far and away the only studio I’d trust to do a good job of AAA Jedi Knight style combat

I imagined a lightspeed kamikaze game like Bangai-O meets Revengeance and now I’m sad.

3 Likes

As long as the license is in EA’s hands it’s looking dire for that. Disney should really open up the license and let all sorts of people make Star Wars games. I mean I know that you need to curate to a degree and opening the license up like what’s happening with Warhammer right now is probably the wrong move but I just so want to see what creative ideas for Star Wars games indie studios would come up with. I wanna be that moisture farmer or bantha herder and all these things…

cannot wait for Starwars Battlefront: Hoth Royale :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Star Wars should be in the public domain

8 Likes

Surprise! Chris Avellone just tweeted that he finished work on Fallen Order. No info on how deeply he was involved but that’s pretty cool. People liked Kotor, right

Hell if this doesn’t come to battlefront they fucked up.

I mean

4 Likes

the rise of skywalker huh

1 Like

STAR WARS X:
VADER RETURNS

STAR WARS XI:
THE EMPIRE STRIKES ONCE MORE

3 Likes

STAR WARS XII:
THOSE JEDIS SURE ARE HARD TO KILL

STAR WARS XIII:
LANDO HAD A BABY??

STAR WARS XIIII:
HELP

2 Likes

STAR WARS XIV:
BOO!

STAR WARS XV:
WHO’S A CUTE LITTLE WUBBY DUBBY BUB BUB?

1 Like

I can’t wait for the ending of Rise of Skywalker to reveal that the entire series was a time-loop prequel to Phantom Menace

6 Likes

But yeah, title sounds awkward to me.

I’d imagine it’s metaphorical rather than genetic, but if it’s the latter or it just ends up being twist after twist, I’ll be bummed (probably).

I thought there was gonna be no CGI Leia? Maybe she was recast for a small appearance? Repurposed deleted footage from VII or VIII?

I mean, I’m excited about seeing this. I hope it doesn’t actively walk back all the things I liked about VIII. All the recalls to the OT got me wary.

STAR WARS XVI: HOMESTUCK II

2 Likes

Like, she’s probably taking the name on herself, right? (She doesn’t have a surname, right?)

1 Like