Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

In some ways you could say the jedi are encouraged to love!

Therm and Kit bring balance!

1 Like

they can only love the no-kiss way, though

which, I mean, is how I prefer my love, but therm seems like a real space makeout artist who wants every love to be a kissing love

How did Dennyā€™s get a better cantina scene than god damn JJ Abrams

If your man can cut a pear in half with his mind thereā€™s no stopping the loving

The absolute best thing about the Hobbit Menu is how one of the things on it is just, like, thanksgiving

3 Likes
1 Like

there is no way that can go wrong.

There is some sociological experiment that I wonā€™t do of going through and seeing the percentage of entries that are violent.

Saturday
Iā€™m not gonna die in Saturday Ani.

Lunchtime
Iā€™m not gonna die in Lunchtime Ani.

Marathon
Iā€™m not gonna die in Marathon Ani.

2 Likes

Does it define younglings

Crosspost:

I watched The Last Jedi a second time and liked it even more. I donā€™t L.O.V.E it. But I like it well enough. * and the special features added even more to the liking.*

And Rose is such a great new character. Iā€™m sad the internet is trashing saying that Finn should be with Rey.

depending on how you count itā€™s anywhere from the second to the fourth time that theyā€™ve made the best star war since empire

(I actually watched it for a second time today too, found myself fast forwarding a fair amount of exposition, but in general I really like the way itā€™s plotted ā€“ there are like 10+ essential character moments that werenā€™t at all a given to script or execute ā€“ and the leads are all really captivating.)

like itā€™s almost certainly the first time one of these movies hasnā€™t only been likable in spite of incompetent direction or has actually had its own thing to say to any extent in 35 years so thatā€™s not bad

I do admit to wishing someone at Disney or whatever had been a little more anal about the canon implications of the big blammo because ā€“ thinking mainly of 90s EU stuff here ā€“ this is a franchise that was always so scrupulous about that sort of thing in a way that I donā€™t associate primarily with modern day nerd rage

the stupid thing is that Finn IS still with Rey. Rose just has a fangirl crush on Finn. itā€™s not meant to be some overblown romance plot, itā€™s a one-sided infatuation. and itā€™s so sweet and the complete opposite of what Hollywood Script Writer Agent B would have written.

so of course in 9 when HSWAB gets his stupid hands on the script weā€™ll get a steamy love triangle as Rose tries to undermine Rey and calls her a bitch silently cuz girls right?

What the fuck are you even talking about, Star Wars is just a big giant collection of random shit

2 Likes

yeah but itā€™s random shit that would at least go to endearing lengths to rationalize itself rather than being directly contradictory

they couldā€™ve doctor whoā€™d it and didnā€™t, is what Iā€™m saying

Auralnauts quintupled down on the ā€œdance numbersā€ in last laser master lol

1 Like

These trailers have all been super underwhelming

Weird how woody harrelson just comes across as a low rent yondu

on the positive though all of the alien/robot designs are grungy as heck, they def capture that kind of wild and wooly atmosphere of ANH that is smoothed out in later movies (e.g. one of the cantina aliens in ANH is straight up just a dude in a werewolf mask)

Opie is a solid if unremarkable visual stylist.