Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

1 Like

That was the part of the movie that made me say “oh hell yeah” to myself under my breath.

1 Like

you, an imbecile: In the star wars universe, a parsec must be a measure of time, not distance.

you, again: actually, when han solo says he made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs, he’s talking about hyperspeed navigation efficiency

me, boy genius and true fan: fewer than 12 parsecs

9 Likes

I read the OP again and in retrospect I like the Clone Wars as a test of the supposedly elite Jedi like nobility in WWI.

4 Likes
1 Like

7 Likes

“Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.”

this is going to suck pretty hard.

has no one pointed out the irony that Alden Ehrenreich was cast in this major motion picture despite not being able to act at all, when this was exactly his character in the Coen Bros’ Hail Caesar!?

gambino and fleabag are pretty impossible to pass up though

how do you know he can’t act and wasn’t just really good at playing a character who can’t act

1 Like

because of all the media reports saying he couldn’t act!

I actually thought he was a good actor due to his performance of not being able to act in Hail, Caesar. apparently… that was just an act! lol

1 Like

It’s actually good casting since Harrison Ford put so little effort into three out of four of his Han Solo performances that you can practically only replicate that with a bad actor.

7 Likes

I mean these are the same people who fired Lord & Miller and put in Ron Howard so maybe their opinions about anything at all are suspect

1 Like

Well true. I am really unsure why Lawrence Kasdan is still involved with these movies. He’s like, old, not to be ageist, but you need fresh ideas to make these work. Which is precisely why TLJ was so good and why Solo and IX will probably not be so much

This is indistinguishable from what someone who knew nothing about this movie would write if you asked them to describe what a han solo movie would be like

kessel run and parsecs better just be some form of space drag racing and quarter mile times

which is also why rey still being impressed by a misremembered worse time in present day was dumb

1 Like

Ok but this sounds so bad it could be a glorious garbage fire of awful corporate decision making. This could be incredible, if you’re like me and consume cinematic disasters for fun on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Ugh. This is why Lord and Miller seemed like much better choices than Ron Fucking Howard. It’s almost certainly a nothing story that has no reason to exist other than brand extension, so at least it could stand to be a little fucking fun.

will

gambino

do

a space rap?

2 Likes

I dunno if anyone has said this in here but: I just found out that China never had a theatrical run of the original trilogy, until 2015!! I would like to read a straightforward summary on why that is!

1 Like

I guess a sort of space p-funk/soul thing similar to what he was doing on his latest album would be more appropriate for Lando

He’s better at that than rapping anyway!