Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

alright @Tulpa you’re up

Watch all of them or watch nothing. There is no try.

2 Likes

By “nothing” he really means nothing.

You cannot watch any other filmed or taped or animated entertainments until you have watched every single Star Wars and Star Wars adjacent thing.

1 Like

It’s actually a known meta-rule of tabletop rpgs that you can run star wars in any system

1 Like

but are those known meta-rule officially licensed products of lucasfilm!?

I’m a Chewbacca-Porg shipper.

1 Like

actually on second thought i’ve decided to watch Kurosawa films and any other potentially related Samurai movie (perhaps any recommendations from y’all?) before starting a SW rewatch, and i’m starting with watching The Hidden Fortress right at this exact moment

If it helps, my personal ranking of all the Kurosawa films I’ve watched so far:

1. Seven Samurai
  2. Ran
  3. Yojimbo
  4. Rashômon

Sword of Doom
Three Outlaw Samurai
Throne of Blood

2 Likes

I am the big Star Wars fan dammit.

The Best Samurai film is Kill! . Three Outlaw Samurai is also good.

Kurosawa is boring and Mifune is a drunk who can’t act and people interpret that as wild animal charisma. The dialog in the shakespeare adaptions is terrible.

Am I the only one angry at that shot in the beginning where Poe’s x-wing does that sweet drift and turn in space after blowing up the last laser turret but instead of letting you enjoy watching that sweet drift and turn in space before zooming off into the distance that some CG animator was clearly very proud of,
just as the x-wing is reaching the apex of it’s curve, the scene cuts to yet another shot of Poe’s face doing nothing even though you saw it 3 seconds ago right before that maneuver, breaking the flow of that shot
? I feel like the movie does something like that a few times.

1 Like

Please bear in mind that everything Rudie says is coming from Rudie. (Love you Rudie (you weirdo))

KILL! is good though.

1 Like

RAN IS MAGNIFICENT

2 Likes

it is just another way the film was subverting expectations to be like real cool!

Nah I fucking hate that shit too.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/rian-johnson-last-jedi-interview/

(Twelve o’clock High, Three Outlaw Samurai, To Catch a Thief, Bridge on the River Kwai, Letter Never Sent, Gunga Din)

1 Like

What’s the consensus on Red Tails?

Rewatched The Force Awakens tonight and it’s big and dumb and derivative and obvious and breathless and fan service and all the characters are charming and cute and endearing and compelling and earnest and it makes me sympathize with Rey and Finn is hilarious and always looks like he’s going to have a heart attack and Kylo is a big baby monster and it’s lighthearted and there are actual jokes that are funny and the wordless scene with Luke is perfect and I like it much better than The Last Jedi don’t @ me.

6 Likes

Lone Wolf and Cub tho

Shogun Assassin is fine if you don’t have time for six movies I GUESS

1 Like

this might be why i like it so much

best star war since empire

i also really really hate star war fanservice the force awakens wasn’t good