Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

oh no

Man, Kylo is still the best part of these movies for me.

2 Likes

Ben and Rey’s mutual arcs are great, the way they answer any lingering questions regarding her is great, but I’m especially a big fan of the weird and mystical aspects of the Force being communicated with very simple but effective cinematic techniques (namely when they’re in telepathic touch with each other) rather than any SFX showboating.

Also Luke was a treat.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Yo, that final scene demonstrates how toys are intergral to the Rebel strategy.

1 Like

I don’t know how in earnest that scene was supposed to be according to Johnson but it just really accentuated the more cynical aspects of this property being bought and developed and sold all over again under Disney.

4 Likes

i had fun, really just enjoyed so many of the little production design flourishes (like having a lightsaber fight in an evil lair that looks like a scary Target commercial) and also the dedication to the 70’s-lookin technology.

laura dern’s final act, with that silent jump cut, really nice touch. kinda felt like something from Cowboy Bebop?

no doubt cap phasma survived being engulfed in fire, she’s practically a boba fett at this point, all helmet and totally friggin wasted as a character

i also can’t quite shake the feeling that this movie might have used the IRL fact of Carrie Fisher’s death as the basis for that one scene’s “Gotcha! Space Wizard!” fake out moment. it could be a reach, idk, but still it was cool (our theater was laughin’ and hootin’)

2 Likes

I’m not so sure about that 70s tech thing; Snoke’s ship had some flat planel monitors. I did like that DJ controller thing on the table in Leia’s room though.

Star Wars: Smash Hagiography was good.

more thoughts maybe later idk

I saw this

The Porgs were the best part

Still pretty good though

I will probably have like 10,000 words to say about this eventually but I probably need to see it again

this could be a reference to almost anyone but if Rian Johnson’s newly announced trilogy is the adventures of the Cute Horse stable boy wizards I might lose my mind

1 Like

great cast, beautiful cast,

great noses, beautiful noses

it was pretty good, i guess, but i wasnt blown away

3 Likes

loved the noses

apparently the thing people are mad about is the part where luke milks a sea creature and drinks it, this is amazing to me because i’m over here planning a million word post about how the last jedi is the first star wars movie where there are aliens that are actually animals

also the other part of this post will be about how if the numbered episodes are truly the skywalker saga then basically ben solo is the protagonist of the new trilogy and actually both movies make a lot more sense if you watch them that way.

5 Likes

EVERY YEAR TILL WE DIE

3 Likes

there’s nothing wrong with what Space Hobo Luke did

mommy didn’t care

come get a drink

3 Likes

Never thought a Star Wars movie would awake a desire to see horses stampede through Dubai or San Fran.

And what the hell? Space milking ruled, what’s people’s problem?!

3 Likes

I was refering to Captain Phasma.

I thought you meant Jedi babies, they’ll make your dreams come true.

1 Like

Podracing 2.0, Baby: Now there are horses.

1 Like

If I were more awake, maybe I’d have something insightful to say about Ben and Yoda both echoed the sentiment about leaving the past behind contrasted with the very nature of the Star Wars franchise.

I did appreciate how Luke stuck to his implied commitment to non-violence.