Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gusd_6n77Rk

This movie is gonna rule.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Sooooooo apparently Colin Treverrow is no longer directing episode nine? This is good news to me, he was almost inevitably going to make it about a magical 6 year old

but sadly idk if they will be able to find anyone good to do it

I feel like they should just go the Lucas route and give it to the absolute most boring, unknown director of TV documentaries or whatever they can find

There already was a star wars movie about a magical six year old and it was pretty unpopular

1 Like

Eh, it was one of the highest grossing films of all time when it came out, I wouldnā€™t call it ā€œpretty unpopular,ā€ and ending the series with another movie focused on a wee child seems like exactly the kind of continuity that someone with too much power and too little sense would think was a good idea. I canā€™t think of any other reason to hire Colin Treverrow other than the fact that he always puts kids in his movies, and Jurassic World focused mostly on younger characters and also made big buxx. But after the Book of Henry flopped I bet they started to realize that heā€™s actually kind of a tool and bad at making movies (IMO), and decided it wasnā€™t really worth the risk.

Apparently the front runner to take his position is Rian Johnson again, which isā€¦ fine, I guess. Weā€™ll see how episode eight turns out I guess, I am pretty excited for it even though Looper was bad. Based on history, they should have gotten James Gray or Joe Wright to do it rather than a Sci Fi person imo. But I feel like the disney mode of choosing directors for this and marvel stuff is to find relatively untested genre directors who fit the ā€œfilm geekā€ stereotype to an absurd degree, rather than look at people that can fill in the Lucas humanity gap with an understanding of, like, drama and writing, regardless of their sci fi cred.

Since they got Ron Howard to do the Han Solo one though I have been day dreaming about whether or not it would be possible to convince Spielberg to actually do one. People would shit. But Ready Player One looks shitty so maybe heā€™s losing his edge.

oh, and speaking of the Disney way of choosing directors, it is so stupid that Joe Cornish still hasnā€™t made a movie since Attack the Block. Iā€™m guessing his association with the Edgar Wright Ant-Man fiasco means he will never get tapped by Disney to do anything, but Attack the Block was better than any of the first movies by any of the people theyā€™ve gotten to do stuff for them, itā€™s stupid. I wonder if heā€™s somehow been blacklisted.

Also, they could, you know, let someone other than a straight white dude have a Star War, butā€¦ wellā€¦ we can always dream, I guess.

kathryn bigelow star wars when

1 Like

did they ever have an action figure for the dead ewok

Spielbergā€™s been shit for a while now.

Ron Howard, I still cannot even comprehend.

theyā€™ll never let Joe Wright near Star Wars, he has too much personality. Disneyā€™s method is to hire directors popular with enough film geeks but not general audiences that donā€™t have any sway and stamp out their individuality

TBH why havenā€™t they just handed it off to Gore Verbinski, Star Wars is already on that same level of schlock.

theyā€™ll probably get Joss Whedon to direct the new Star Wars but heā€™ll be busy secretly directing other Marvel movies, blaming the state of Franchise Universes and saying that his Avengerā€™s run was, in many ways, the HEIGHT of normal in this superhero obsessed pop culture.

Gore Verbinski is a goddamn artist, I wonā€™t have any aspersions cast on Gore Verbinski around these parts.

2 Likes

ftfy

https://twitter.com/ComicbookNo/status/905194229701509120

2 Likes

None of the Star Wars leading men are hot enough.

Ok, maybe young Han Solo in the timeline where he shot first, but they already gave that spin-off to someone else

you have zeroed in on my maybe-not-all-that-obvious-joke post, thank you

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

1EC6B3E3-15E2-453F-905C-B49ECEF8E472

Ah, yes, the three genders.

1 Like