Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

why not hire a drone to do the job in the first place instead of some director your just going to fire when they start to exhibit their personality you presumably hired them for in the first place

2 Likes

I’m sadder that I’ll probably never know why this really happened than I am that they aren’t making the movie anymore

I wonder who will replace them though!

Apparently, Ronald Howard

fucking hell

This is dire

ugh, so this has proven to be true and it is just horrible news

my last two ron howard experiences are:

watching In the Heart of the Sea at a dirt-cheap second run theater and still feeling like i had wasted my money

starting Inferno with a couple of friends thinking it would be a funny thing to kind of passively observe and joke about, and within literally 30 seconds of the film starting already being so confused about the plot that we all realized we would have no hope of following any of it no matter how much attention to it we paid, so we turned it off and watched Jack Reacher 2: Reachin’ 2 Jack, and it was also bad

In the Heat of the Sea surprised me by being sort of interesting visually

but meanwhile it was also an unbearably dumb + terrible adaptation of one of my favorite books ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Yeah but even then all the good stuff was basically in the trailer. The trailer for that movie was really good, it made it seem like it would be this kind of bleak, minimal survival story. I bet it was made in a post-The Revenant haze. But the movie itself is incredibly sappy and overwritten melodrama. Very bad.

The Revenant is also a dumb + terrible adaptation of a much better book, only the things you need to strip out of it to make it a good movie are the stupid (stupid) director’s pretensions re: delivering some sort of thoughtful epic about the foundations of America, etc. rather than just boilerplate melodrama and THE TRUE STORY BEHIND THE LEGENDS HURRRRRRRRR shit

I liked it though, Tom Hardy’s accent in that movie is one for the ages. All pre-1900 period pieces should feature completely unintelligible accents.

also I thought the “symbolism” was relatively understated, but I haven’t read the book & also am stupid.

My brother and I like repeating tom hardy’s line with his accent about “Life? What life you talking about! I ain’t got no life!”

1 Like

I liked it OK but I would like it a lot if it wasn’t made by a big dumb idiot who thinks he can do more than make a solid genre piece!

Would have been a real good genre piece if it was content being just that!

these fuking a-holes :waynestare:

1 Like

cuaron top tier

to return to the topic of this thread, i would be so much more excited about the han solo movie if they had hired any one of those fuking a-holes instead of ron fuking howard, though

ok maybe except guillermo del toro

what is a han solo?

he’s kind of like if hellboy drove race cars

D:

C’mon del Toro would still be better than god damned Ron Howard

Maybe they’ll let Tom Hanks direct the motherfucking Boba Fett movie

?

1 Like

Rom The Vacuous Spider directs a star wars movie is a ridiculous sentence.

1 Like