Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

look i need another feature length interquel starring cyber-leia about everything that happened in the time between rogue one and a new hope to really just

It doesnā€™t help that everything around the bad CG face is also lame.

Iā€™m looking forward to using Vader scenes for bathroom/snack breaks on rewatch.

yeah leia looked so weird and was narratively unnecessary. they could have just shown c-3po or something. tarkin made more sense with the plot, but again no reason why they couldnā€™t have shown him as a hologram or just used some other random imperial general

tbf though itā€™s not like they knew carrie fisher was going to die when they made the movie

1 Like

i never realized how tall Tarkin is supposed to be but maybe because heā€™s only really shown standing next to Vader most of A New Hope

itā€™s been a while since iā€™ve seen a movie that completely won me over during it (didnā€™t really care when i first heard about it honestly) and then shoots itself in the mouth during the last minute or even the last 3 seconds??
like, CG Ucanny Valley aside, you dudes just couldnā€™t help putting a lightsaber in the movie, huh

i guess itā€™s times like these that remind me iā€™m the Nerd i make fun of

1 Like

Iā€™m excited to turn the movie off when Cassian and Jyn hug on the beach and skip the end.

1 Like

When the news broke about Carrie Fisher, just seeing her youthful visage redone in CG a week earlier, I had to wonder. Being such a beloved pop culture and movie icon, paired with that openly tumultuous life, how could seeing/knowing your likeness replicated ala uncanny CG, and moving forward affect you? I could imagine a strange mixture of honored and hollowed.

Confession time yā€™all I thought it was really cool when Darth Vader killed all the guys

3 Likes

It was the only time I have found him truly frightening in these films?

2 Likes

I mean yeah Rouge One is literally just ā€œThe Opening Crawl: The Movieā€ and as someone described a real long glorfied ANH DVD extra but boy does it get me pumped to just watch plain old Star Wars

this movie sounds like it was developed like a videogame

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

itā€™s an exciting time in the life of a star wars fan bc for the first time thereā€™s a new sw movie coming out and we have no idea which combination(s) of literally any of the principal cast are going to smoochā€¦ there are so many smooching possibilities to consider

1 Like

Ooh, I dig the movie poster

so any bets about whether or not they are going to announce a new spinoff movie tomorrow?

i am really hoping josh trankā€™s departure means the boba fett movie just isnā€™t happening, it just seems like it would be incredibly boring and bad

on the other hand i would not mind at all an obi-wan on tatooine movie, but i guess i can just watch that ewan mcgregor jesus movie and pretend

iā€™m secretly hoping for something totally off the wall, like mace winduā€™s revenge or some other chance to revisit/redeem the prequel era, or a movie that is inexplicably focused on Young Lor San Tekka played by Alexander Skarsgard

bonus:

looks like iā€™m finally going to have to go full dork and start reading star wars novels

Extended gawps at banking spaceships arenā€™t really special anymore. You know, since weā€™re now three films deep into a Star Wars revival with no end in sight. Better to focus on Luke Skywalkerā€™s cryptic declaration that the Jedi must come to an end. Regardless of where Star Wars: The Last Jedi ends up taking Luke, itā€™s exciting to wonder if, having tasted unimaginable power in Return of the Jedi, the Skywalker heir simply decided to remove himself from the equation? Duneā€™s Paul Atreides, a clear antecedent of Skywalker, embraced his Godhood and accidentally become a figurehead for intergalactic jihad. Perhaps this is what Luke is distancing himself from? He doesnā€™t want to be someone elseā€™s flag.

Star Wars, Ships Only

2 Likes

Also on that channel Star Trek, Hunt for Red October.

Wishlist:
Rogue One (ships only)
North by Northwest (trains only)
Goldfinger (cars only)
Tokyo Drift (drifts only)
Rebuild of Evangelion (angels only)
Pacific Rim (jaegers only)
Transformers (transformations only)

It is just so much more relaxing to relate to screeching machines than meatsacks ok

1 Like

6 Likes