Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

I am so confused because the editting and shot composition is awful in that video. So many shots about being badass and have a kungfu fight with laser swords.

5 Likes

this is the same pathology which drives people to edit out the rat at the end of the departed. just shut the fuck up and watch the movie. your ideas arenā€™t that good

8 Likes

3 Likes

Not sure what the problem is there? Part of the Planet is in darkness the same as when you see a three quarter moon

clearly itā€™s gravitational lensing from the supermassive planet Alderaan, whose inhabitants hide their Bones-O-Plasteel beneath humanlike skin. The xenocidal Galactic Empireā€™s first target was, unsurprisingly, the alien species most easily disguisā€”

1 Like

Oh wait is that purple ring in the actual video and not just added by someone trying to illustrate the moon not being round?

a The Departed edit where thereā€™s a CGI rat hidden in every scene

5 Likes

its the stars right

1 Like

ahhhhh yep, couldnā€™t see them on my phone

Iā€™ve said this before but the fact that the first time we finally see Yoda fight with a lightsaber heā€™s some kind of superball-cum-cuisinart instead of an impassive master barely moving his blade but somehow blocking all the craziness coming his way is a synecdoche for the gross failure of the prequels

7 Likes

superball cum cuisinart

6 Likes

Hereā€™s a Star Wars fan-film inspired by 80ā€™s anime

4 Likes

Super ball-cum cuisinart

3 Likes

That was pretty great

I hope Iā€™m not too blunt when I say this sucked a lot and felt like someone really loved the 30 minute long fight scenes of revenge of the sith.

Camera just swinging wildly all over, fight not having any narrative weight behind its ebb and flow, noxious voice over and musical choices, total misunderstanding of what made the original fight work at all (because so many people are convinced it doesnā€™t work and theyā€™re wrong)

2 Likes

I mean, with regard to my opinion? Not too blunt. I posted this on twitter and said ā€œthis is garbage,ā€ but decided to be more diplomatic here. I hate it for all the reasons you say.

2 Likes

Yeah wow this was not good at all. Agreeing with most of the complaints here, but I also kept noticing how they couldnā€™t decide how long a lightsaber is.

ryan vs dorkman is still the best lightsaber fight pass it on

2 Likes

Deep cut; correct opinion

I keep bringing my external HDD to sbcon meaning to do a screening of Star Wars fanfilms as 140x140 quicktime windows but I never get around to it

4 Likes

if jj abramd had any balls thadt be the release format of episode 8

1 Like