(Mikey) Brick AF (LEGO posting alone)

I had that.

Or have it even.

Guys what is the easiest way to sell 3 giant boxes of legos in 2016. Going to be sets from 85-95.

Easiest would probably be ebay, most profitable might be Bricklink, especially if you have older (and presumably rarer) parts. Thing is, even parts in common shapes are in different colors than what are available today, not just because of decisions to cease production of some, but because of changes in the plastic formulas actually meaning they can’t replicate some colors from older sets. Lego collectors go nuts for that stuff. If you want to put in the time to do some research it may be the case that selling your collection piece by piece could net you a decent chunk of change.

So is it better o be insane and try and seperate out oldsets or just by color/shape?

Ehhh, I mean that could go either way. If you can remember the names/numbers of the sets you can see if any of them are particularly valuable in complete form (some of them would be I’m sure, but I can only imagine how much work it would be to try to reassemble all the pieces to a complete set). I mean you’d really have to take stock of what you’ve got to see if you’d be better off going completely piecemeal or selling complete sets.

I bet there would be some money to be made in a Send In Your Lego service that would sort your pieces, perhaps through some kind of robot magic, do an analysis and figure out all the sets that could be constructed from them, the optimal market values and list them on ebay.

Or maybe hold them in a giant repository along with everyone else’s and allow people to assemble-on-demand kits and then pay out to the previous piece owners on some kind of per share ratio system. Like a plastic stock exchange where you buy ownership with lego tributes.

A pop-up lego castle. Now I’ve seen everything.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Jesus. It’s been a day for Lego maniacs. Here is a ship

Here is another image, for scale

https://www.flickr.com/photos/knowyourpieces/25422783541/

The creator also put together this fabulous little fishing trawler

5 Likes

i didn’t believe this was lego when i just saw the first shot

source

3 Likes

I was not expecting a functional consultant cockpit!

I like Chunky mecha/robot designs like this

4 Likes

A tiny castle for Loki

edit: I just realized that dome is a Lego shark’s upper jaw/snout piece, will wonders never cease

2 Likes

-microscale lego
-floating castle
-monster remains used as masonry

an all-round excellent post~!

not lego but

i may want this

If only it were a windup toy

idk if official kits are cool for this thread butt

Official kits were how this thread started, I see no reason to shun them now. That surfboard is fucking ace.

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/06/14/lego-worlds-display-at-e3/ topical!

I guess this is from Harry Potter but I don’t care this is still a sweet model