(Mikey) Brick AF (LEGO posting alone)

Whenever I talk about Legos with people, I always tell them about how there was all kinds of mining lego sets when I was a kid and they get really mad and tell me I’m wrong.

I had this one too. The magnets and compass were really rad

1 Like

2 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

4 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

2 Likes

What the hell is any of this

The more LEGO sets include huge pieces of plastic for specific purposes the less interesting they’ll be

It’s cool though that as far as I know LEGO continues to be extremely popular with kids

These are known as POOPy parts: Parts which can be made Out of Other Parts

Can confirm

legowns

Damn, this thread making me want to start building LEGO® again.

Even with all the POOPy parts, and building models with SNOT. LEGO® is still awesome

You need to be on the lookout for NPU (nice parts usage) especially with regard to the ostensibly single-purpose pieces. For example, take some pterodactyl wings and:

Imgur

Now some other fun crap.

Imgur

Imgur

Perhaps you will appreciate this one @diplo

Imgur

The individual terraces/balconies are surf boards.

And now an example of how you can make something pretty evocative with barely any parts whatsoever:

Imgur

5 Likes

[quote=“Mikey, post:52, topic:443, full:true”]And now an example of how you can make something pretty evocative with barely any parts whatsoever:

Imgur
[/quote]
these are lovely

1 Like

Can confirm that my 3 year old is completely fucking obsessed with videos like this:

Wait 'till he learns about minecraft videos!

This year’s winter themed set is a re-issue of 2009’s winter village toy shop which I got anyway because it had a bunch of micro-scale vehicles to use as toys for minifigs.

3 Likes

That tugboat!

my sister’s 3 year old is obsessed with videos like this

i love the voices. there are some similar toy videos on youtube with kids playing with the toys, that’s cool. when you hear this in the background you assume it is simply the most chatty npr show not true youtube terror

also nerf is on a similar trip

doomlands 2169

i realize in my old age that “gritty post apoc” is no different than “pirates” or “castles” or “space” as a genre i.e. not actually a “time period” as i viewed it as a youth but just a miniscule sliver of reality becoming immortal/historical through fictionalization. i distinctly recall a conversation i had at my dinner table when i was… well, i was at this one particular dinner table so between the 3 and 6 range and my siblings asked each other what “time” we’d most like to live in. some possibilities:
“dinosaur times”
“bible times”
“medieval times” (my pick)
“little house on the prairie times”
“the future” (rebel pick)

now “future” would be a whole cornucopia of different disaster scenarios. zombie-type future. doom-type future. etc. the kids have it all…

youngDisneyCarToys_frozen_wet_and_messy_REAL_elsa_doll_lifesize_xxx_cheezewhiz_KRAFT__BRANDS_.mpeg

Imgur

Imgur

Anybody want to move this out of the Axe?

2 Likes