It('s a metaphor) Comes At Night

Did anybody see it? I had no idea about what I was watching other than the title (I hadn’t seen any trailers or promotional art at all) so I was expecting another cheesy horror flick which it was definitely not.

It was really beautiful, though. The set work and lighting are both stunning and very impressive. I’ve told others this, but partway through the movie I started wishing it had been shot in B/W.

saw it on a sunday night, it’s been a while since i’ve seen a movie crowd react so strongly and so negatively to an ending

i also didn’t like it :frowning:

1 Like

agreed, I didn’t like the ending

The message I walked away with: under no circumstances should you let a stranger’s family into your home lest your teenage son die of zombie plague

I dunno, I’m really frustrated that the story never really went anywhere

The movie spends so much time hitting the viewers over the head with “paranoia is bad!!!” while simultaneously justifying every character’s paranoid actions

Like, if the dad had just killed Will at the beginning then the movie would be over. That was literally the only conflict. It wasn’t apparent how little food the family had, if it was even scarce at all. Half of the movie wants to tell me “paranoia sucks!! look how bad this dynamic is!!” and the other part is like “look what happens if you aren’t paranoid enough and drop your guard!!”

i wanna see this because Riley Keough always seems cool as heck and i enjoy watching movies and tv shows w her in.

I saw this movie and I enjoyed it a lot. Literally the next day I took a weekend trip to house sit at a small ranch in rural Western Massachussetts, in the middle of the woods with no one around. The owners had several animals, including a cat. One night the cat vanished and I had to search the woods for it. I was 100% expecting it to return in the middle of the night and infect me with Apocalypse Disease.

We did find the cat though, turned out it was just hiding in the basement the whole time.

1 Like

ok but what even happened that one night