is babylon 5 any good

no it was definitely a syfy show i was thinking of. i think @loki posted about it once

2 Likes

oh hmmm… maybe Lexx? that whole show is about sucking and fucking

6 Likes

yeah i was like “it couldn’t possibly be named the same as the dating app on my phone” but that was it

5 Likes

If you want to listen to a podcast about Babylon 5 while you watch, my wife does one! They just posted the episode about the prehensile dicks with special guest @Tulpa !

8 Likes

the horny spaceship show was lexx

(though tulpa says that farscape is also horny)

4 Likes

glad somebody mentioned lexx so i can post about my favourite syfy haircut + outfit combo

10 Likes

there’s a good joke in farscape where they go to a planet and meet a guy named worf and kryten (I don’t care how his name is spelled I saw red dwarf first) is like OMG HIS NAME IS WORF? DOES NO ONE FIND THAT FUNNY

farscape has 800 episodes where everyone loses their mind and hallucinates and 600 episodes where two characters are acting out some complicated bdsm predicament

farscape is SO horny

its hard to watch sometimes cuz the blue makeup almost killed the lady who wore it but she’s OK now

11 Likes

I came in here for lexx posting.

There was that one episode where the evil TV head becomes the American president and decides to steal the biggest dick they can find in the military.

I tried to watch some Red Dwarf recently but found it kind of …dull? I like it as a kid. Maybe it was the laugh track that did me in.

If you like the trash aspects of these shows Id suggest revisiting Xena as well.

4 Likes

old british comedy people will tell you that seasons 1 and 2 of red dwarf are the best, but this is insane. 4-6 are the real golden age. they start doing more interesting sci-fi concepts, and they get an effects budget that lets them do a bit of action too.

i feel like we should start a seperate 90s trash thread for stuff like lexx and xena, instead of taking over haley’s thread. but i would like to talk about 90s trash

i’ve never even seen baylon 5 but i liked jms’ run on thor in the mid-00s

5 Likes

Farscape is a lone American’s descent into the australian muppet bdsm scene

12 Likes

I keep thinking this Farscape conversation is about Stargate for some reason, which is making me sorely confused (haven’t watched either)

1 Like

imagining a four quadrant graph of 90s-early 2000s sci fi where the axes are HORNY <–> CHASTE and DIRTY <–> ETHEREAL

7 Likes

TNG is Chaste Ethereal
DS9 is Chaste Dirty
B5 is True Dirty
Lexx is True Horny
Farscape is Horny Dirty

6 Likes

Dr. Crusher has sex with a candle, what more do you want

3 Likes

it’s presented as chastely as possible

is this from the episode with the scottish ghost romance?

2 Likes

yeah tng is super chaste, ds9 is edging, lexx is a gooncave and farscape is efukt

babylon 5 is the dude at the sex party in the towel in the corner

6 Likes

Duh of course.

1 Like

Where’s Sliders land?

sliders is incel, stargate is volcel (but in a fascist way)

5 Likes

Did anyone ever actually watch seaQuest DSV? Where does it chart?

1 Like