Illustrations of game

Cool game art that isn’t box art–that goes in Dope Box art–screenshots–those go in Shin Densetsu no Screenshots Gaiden 2.022: Everybody’s Free (To Use Print Screen) –or concept art–that goes in dope concept art.

Tips for avoiding posting art that’s already been posted:

1. Use the magnifying glass search button in the upper right to search the thread for the title of the game of the art you’re thinking of posting
  2. Once you’ve checked any previous posts matching your game’s name to make sure the art you’re thinking of posting HASN’T been posted already, when you post it, be sure to put the game name in your post, too! : D

“Wraparound cover to Capcom Design Works. Art by Kinu Nishimura.” (source)

14 Likes

SOMA concept art:

Edit: I had the feeling I’d posted at least one of these before somewhere, and it looks like it was in the concept art thread.

5 Likes

Klonoa promotional art:

And one for Klonoa 2:

11 Likes

We already have the concept art thread, which is essentially the same thing. :man_shrugging:

Thanks, added that link to the OP. : )

Concept art usually refers specifically to illustrations produced as reference for the production of game assets–as the first post in the concept art thread mentions. (Ooh actually “reference art” would be more specifically character model sheets and so forth, so that could be its own OTHER thread if someone wanted ; ]–@shelter in the concept art thread put it better about actual concept art: “can be schematic/mechanical design/area and environment design/character concepts, etc.”) I’ve added concept art and the link to that thread to the list in the OP of art types that go in other threads.

As far as I know we didn’t yet have a thread for illustrations produced of the game itself, if they weren’t box art. So, like, I found v that Strider 2 illustration a few weeks ago, but didn’t have anywhere to share it on sb.

2 Likes

Strider Hiryu and cast
Strider 2 promotional art
Capcom: Secret File #26: Strider Hiryu 2
December 1999

information: Secret Files | Strider Wiki | Fandom
scans: Strider 2: Secret File #26 | Games | LSCM 4.0
image source: Strider Hiryu screenshots, images and pictures - Comic Vine

2 Likes

Needed a new wallpaper thanks!

I’ve never played Riviera: The Promised Land and I’m not even sure exactly what type of game it is, but I’ve always liked the art I’ve seen from it.

art-002

13 Likes

Yeah I bought it on GBA 'cause the art looked cool, never got around to playing it. ^ _^

This probably belongs in all these threads.

9 Likes

The promotional wallpaper images for the Katamari Damacy games were nice. I had this one as my Windows 2000 wallpaper for a year or two:

A few others:

21 Likes

A map of the game world of Knight Lore, the 1984 isometric adventure game for the 48K ZX Spectrum. Map “Drawn by Gordon Bruce and Oliver Frey – based on a map by Calum and Graham Thomson.”

(Image from Knight Lore at Spectrum Computing - Sinclair ZX Spectrum games, software and hardware)

10 Likes

Damn I thought that said “Knight Lobe” and I kinda liked that more

1 Like

Summary

Captain Commando Team poster
Illusion City: Gen’ei Toshi poster
Final Fantasy IV Battle Analysis Book/ファイナルファンタジーIV戦闘解析編/Final Fantasy IV Sentou Kaiseki Hen - illustration of Golbez by Yoshitaka Amano

17 Likes

Summary

Yoshitaka Amano artwork of Golbez from the September 2012 issue of the Japanese art magazine, Illustration. The artwork, entitled Deva Loka Nightmare, was from the 2008 Deva Loka art exhibition.

Golbez | Final Fantasy Wiki | Fandom

8 Likes

In the same vein as that last one, from the SaGa 2 remake.

3 Likes

source

3 Likes

Always worth revisiting Katsuda Terada’s Zelda illustrations for Nintendo Power. (These are just a few of them.)

Katsuya Terada - rain

Katsuya Terada - sand creature

Oh, and of course this one from the Zelda 1 instruction book (different artist, I assume).

linkboomerang

24 Likes
8 Likes

Arcade flyers for Bubble Symphony, Bubble Memories, Puzzle Bobble, Puzzle Bobble 2, and Puzzle Bobble 3, Taito.

10 Likes