only 25000 bicolor gemstones for 100 emet-selch portraits (ffxiv)

i’ll try to remember this from now on
i’m just gonna stare at hien pics on tumblr now

2 Likes

ya i was only able to progress thru EW and the normal raids over the holiday cuz i could play in the mornings when i’d normally be working, the queues are like 200 max then

The kids went back to school/daycare yesterday for the first time since early December, so I was looking forward to goldbricking during work from home for a few weeks and playing in off hours.

Woke up this morning to this:

CPS Cancels Classes Wednesday As Teachers Refuse To Work In Schools Until COVID Cases Fall Sharply

such devastation

4 Likes

i thought the aether compass was gone because it’s greyed out in my special items but sev told me where it is. now i don’t have to look up maps online and be confused and frustrated lol

3 Likes

I started leveling GNB on a whim because tanks are always in need in Duty Finder and it unlocked an enjoyment of tanking in me so now I’m picking up WAR and it’s really funny to go from a questline that’s just there to catch you up on GNB-specific skills to one that is written for completely fresh players so the first five quests are like “Ok you hit 1 to attack :slight_smile: Healers can heal you :)”. All the 1-50 content in this game feels like such a huge change of pace to where they eventually ended up that I’ll be sad if/when I eventually run out of ARR jobs to unlock.

4 Likes

I said that I hate stuffed bom bokos ONCE and now eveyorne in the free company is making them infest the house like ants. they were filling the FC chest and my inbox as well. I had a bad week and it felt good to be pranked by butts. youre all funny jerks

finally got all my crafters to 90!

also helped spawn the s rank in thavnair for the FIRST TIME EVER apparently this was the first spawn for this guy in north America. people were having trouble figuring out the conditions to make him show up, and it turns out the condition was to just kill EVERYTHING ON THE MAP

he has a tongue that sticks out far so naturally everyone wants to fuck him

some more new glams since endwalker:

sad news dancer is too weak to do high end content right now so when it comes to hard shit I’M A BARD MAIN AGAIN BABY AWOO

9 Likes

i think i’ve stuck with bard because you can never entirely autopilot it and that really puts an extra edge on the tough content
dying feels very costly though

1 Like

yeah that’s why I like dancer and bard I just liked how dancers support skills were more immediately obvious. now it’s support skills arent making up for its damage output at all, whereas before it was the highest ranged dps output when you added all its buffs to other players… bard has been getting better nonstop since I started playing though

UGH I JUST LOVE DANCING SO MUCH I hope it’s not long before it’s viable in raids again, it’s still good for duty finder content at least

1 Like

this is one of the worst things about endwalker bard, some of the changes are honestly really frustrating. songs are abilities now and not spells, meaning they don’t benefit from any cd reduction — previously your song rotation was 30s wanderer’s minuet > 30s mage’s ballad > 20s army’s paeon, then when you went back into minuet the cd reduction from paeon would benefit the song’s cd as well bringing it down to 64s from the default 80s. that meant that minuet and paeon would come off cd together after your next mage’s ballad, so if you died during that ballad or the following paeon you would have a new song coming off cd really soon or one already waiting for you. now the rotation is 45s minuet > 30s ballad > 45s paeon with no grace period where multiple songs are off cd at once, and since the song duration is longer you could be stuck for almost a full 45 seconds with no song if you die. also it fucks up your coda

also they gave charges to bloodletter which people wanted because your dots could double proc and you’d miss out on a bloodletter because of it, but now that it’s a single 80% chance every 3 seconds instead of two 40% chances every 3 seconds it’ll never double proc anyways so the charges aren’t needed any more, but then they also nerfed ballad to only give you half a bloodletter instead of the full cd every proc so what’s the point!!! all that makes paeon better than ballad so you do 30s of ballad and then 45s of paeon but that means you’re just standing there for a full 45s doing nothing but pressing straight shot and it’s really dumb. like conceptually paeon is the filler because the procs don’t give you a button to press and it has to be third in the rotation because you always want the cd reduction to carry over into minuet, but it just straight up does more damage than ballad so ballad is the filler and it feels so bad

also the last three seconds of your song don’t proc repertoire so technically for optimization you want to do 43s > 34s > 43s and it’s so annoying, also the dots don’t interact with any other part of the job now so they’re just on an island by themselves and it’s honestly really disappointing that the last dot focused job in the game just like, has no gameplay associated with the dots other than applying and reapplying them. also you can only hold blast arrow for 10s now instead of 30s like in the media tour build so you have to hold apex arrow to get blast under buffs and miss out on gauge because of it

anyways sorry all that is to say that dying on bard really sucks, it’s way more punishing than most other jobs, i really hope they make some changes to it

6 Likes

i wanna be able to play for hours at a time but my body won’t cooperate. shame to hear about dancer not being good in raids. i was just thinking it was time to level it to 70. maybe i’ll do blm instead since that’s guaranteed to be a heavy hitter. also wondering if i should be an astro at some point. besides aesthetics, i just think it’s a cool healing and support class.

2 Likes

i’d still level dancer if you like it, they’ll probably fix it and iirc it’s only a bad pick in the cutting edge raid stuff

2 Likes

dancer is good for everything BUT super hard content like I still play it all the time, I cleared the extremes as dancer, I just need to raid with bard to feel good about myself. I also have melees I can play but right now i gotta get my classes to 90. it’s not even like dancer isn’t viable it’s just a dps loss, it doesn’t make things impossible. I lm basically just whining for a dancer buff so I can be stronger

and like yeah there sonly been one small balance patch so far, nothing is set in stone in this game, which is why I’m still a dancer at heart

i liked dancer coz it was pretty forgiving of high pong in a way that i don’t think bard or mech are, also it was just like fun

out dpsing a lot of players as dancer has always been my favorite form of bullying that i dont have to actively participate in

1 Like

Quick completely pointless question since I don’t have this yet and even if I did, this is a terrible time to try start playing for multiple reasons: which class(es) are most focused on damage over time? What about healing over time?

theres two types of healing, regen and shield. two of the healers are shield and two are regen. so your healing over time jobs would be white mage and astrologian (ASTRO RULES)

the only damage over time class now is bard, which you can see from miffys post isnt even really a dot class anymore… or the dots arent the core of the class

summoner used to be THE dot dps with a button you could press to put your DOTS on every enemy and it was just so satisfying. rip bane. they changed the whole class to make more sense with the filler phases but in this got rid of its two dots

3 Likes

other classes have debuffs over time or like buffs over time that they put on themselves, like ALL the melee classes have some form of this, dunno if that hits the same niche for you

1 Like

Yeah, this is useful. There’s going to come a point when I just have to read an overview of every class, but this is a good starting point.

Where do I go to talk about seal twisting

is that like slide casting