HITMAN™

oh no!

oh nono!

What’s Square squattin’ on K&L for, though? I can’t see them making another one, so.

Oh god, they don’t still have hopes for that Bruce Willis/Jamie Foxx movie, do they?

and they were the ones that canceled k&l3 to turn io into a hitman factory to begin with.

io did bring freedom fighters back along with hitman though

1 Like

hit an 2 $29.99 on psn right now, i hear

anyone new to the reboot who wants to get the best value for their money - just buy hitman 2 (standard, do not get silver or gold packs) and the legacy pack (NOT the legacy pack upgrade), and you get all the levels from both games plus the patient zero stuff.

this is one of an impossibly small number of games i would consider Good from the XBO/PS4 generation, tbh. to be fair, i don’t play a lot of (read: any) modern games, but that’s because none of them interest me (and i don’t own consoles). everything these days scans as predatory economics and design-by-committee wrapped in Big Graphics.

this one (well, these 2, i guess) is incredible. the level design is impeccable. i love the incidental dialog, the disguises, the humor, the situations that arise. everything WORKS in the way these big clusterfuck games never do. it’s my favorite hitman game and my favorite game that’s come out in the last, idk… decade? i can’t keep up lol

4 Likes

https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-malmo/

wonder if this is so they can have somebody else keep hitman updated and managed while they’re finally free to do other things

Saw a pretty good glitch in the first level (excuse the bad phone photos):

CONFIRMED: First Reformed takes place in the Hitman universe.

4 Likes

“these people don’t need a Hitman, they need an exorcist!”

2 Likes

She sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers.

4 Likes

Trying to blow through the campaign for the elusive target this weekend. Not how I’d like to play the game (coming off spending a good month plus playing each level as they released with the last game), but still a pretty good time.

I think my favorite thing about this and the last game is the learning curve. My first five or six times through a level is a mess, a lot of guards suspiciously following me around corners, a lot of hastily snapped necks and runs to the exit under gunfire.

It’s when you can blow through, suit only, that things feel really good.

Some of the mechanics that were rolled in from 2016’s high difficulty are pretty tough, though! There are a lot of distraction opportunities that involve knocking out a lone guard/employee and moving their body before the camera comes back onto them.

Learning how to do Hokkaido suit only feels like a huge help to getting through Hitman 2, but I really should have learned how to do Colorado that way. Probably would have been better equipped!

I’m absolutely late to this having never gotten into Hitman before but I’m fully on board. It’s fab.

What I want to see is a fantasy or sci-fi version of the game? Like 47 and Diane are transported to a mysterious magical world and Diane has somehow arranged further contracts to carry on killing. 47 gets more and more annoyed with this increasingly illogical world while Diane calmly discusses strategies for neutralising flying dragon guards and gives advice on using different transformation potions, as if it’s all routine stuff.

If not then have 47 do extremely bog-standard missions, like taking down a manager at large supermarket because they’re a power-tripping knobhead.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve thought it would be cool if they did a crossover game where 47 goes to other game worlds to take out a target. IO is great at conceiving these living levels so I’d love to seem them play with existing properties.

1 Like

I have attempted to get into this franchise three times now, and bounced off each time.

I like practically everything about it at a high level. A big, meticulously-designed playground filled with different ways to accomplish your objective? Check. Stealth? Check. Shanking assholes? Check. Potential for absurdity? Check. Getting to have that feeling when a plan comes together? Check.

So why do I keep having such a hard time? Why is it that, when I load up a Hitman game, instead of feeling like I totally got this, all I feel is constant stress? I really wanna like these games!

I just installed Hitman 2016 again. Help me like it.

Help me hit men.

2 Likes

I just failed the Paris mission four times in a row, what am I doing wrong

How’d you die?

You can pick a opportunity or story mission or whatever they’re called now, they basically walk you through a level.

I don’t think anyone ever just picked up a hitman game for the first time and felt like they “got this.” even when you know what you’re doing every new level is like a brick wall in front of you that you overtime find the imperfections in until eventually it’s nothing to you and you’ll know at least three different ways to make whatever you want to happen happen at any time.

Keep getting busted even when I felt like I really had it this time

you almost never need to strike before you have a clear opening. Don’t just try to shoot them, get them alone and play along with the scenarios (though don’t turn on the explicit guidance in Hitman 2, it’s too much).

Being more than tangentially concerned about stealth and guns is like challenge mode, that’s not the path of least resistance here, nor the most interesting