⚰ Halloween Club VIII 🎃 Halloween Club's Dead on 10/31/18 @ 5/8PM (PST/EST) 👻

Also: you don’t need to have seen Gremlins 1. Knowledge of the first movie does set up one of the best gags in 2, but otherwise the film stands alone pretty well.

A friend of mine once confided to me that he used to have a recurring nightmare as a child about marrying the trans gremlin from Gremlins 2 and I still haven’t figured out how to respond to that

2 Likes

Things are really getting BEYOND BELIEF in the gay watch: https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

Now Gremlins 2 is ACTUALLY STARTING get in here! YOu don’t want to miss this!
https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

Don’t fear, Halloween club is back this week! This time around we’ve got two vampire movies you’ll for sure want a BITE of!

The Lost Boys
After a family moves to a new home in California, trying to start a new life, the elder of two brothers falls in with the wrong crowd.
The wrong crowd in this case being a gang of teenage vampires!

Content warning for The Lost Boys: A lot of blood and gore.

Interview with the Vampire
A depressed white boy in 1700s Louisiana meets a hunky Vampire, and quickly is turned into a creature of the night himself. What follows is three centuries of dysfunctional gay vampire angst, a creepy little girl vampire, and ultra hot 90s Antonio Banderas.

This movie is not stop over the top mellow drama, and is a personal favorite of mine.

Content Warning for Interview with the Vampire: A whole lotta blood, some occasionally very disturbing scenes of vampires feeding on helpless girls in sexualized fashion, and the movie tries to make you sympathize with a plantation owner and that’s pretty fucked up.

Be there Saturday, September 28th at 6:00pst/9est!

3 Likes

The Lost Boys is so fucking good

3 Likes

The vamps arrive in fifteen minutes! Get ready!

THE SUN’S DOWN. GET IN HERE AND JOIN US PRETENDING TO BE DRACULAS

she_vampires_(alternative_software)

We got The Lost Boys! We got Interview With the Vampire! We got FRESH BLOOD. Come on in…AND SUCK IT.

https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

It was ok for me to tell you to “suck it” cuz I’m one of the undead so it’s not a horny thing to say. It’s like I’m inviting you to dinner.

2 Likes

Saturday (10/06/18 at 6pm PST/9pm EST) will be John Carpenter night. We’ll be checking out Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness, the final two chapters of Carpenter’s so-called “Apocalypse” trilogy (the first entry being The Thing).

The Earth and the Sky are changing. For centuries, the Brotherhood of Sleep, an obscure religious sect, has kept watch over a cylinder containing green slime that is apparently the essence of Satan. Crazy shit ensues. Features Donald Pleasence and Victor Wong (Egg Shen in Big Trouble in Little China and Grandpa in 3 Ninjas).

[John] Carpenter became inspired while researching theoretical physics and atomic theory. He recalled, “I thought it would be interesting to create some sort of ultimate evil and combine it with the notion of matter and anti-matter.”

In the Mouth of Madness has Sam Neill as a freelance insurance claim investigator whose latest case involves a horror writer called Sutter Cane. Crazy shit ensues. Features Sam Neill, Charlton “I’ve Got a Gun, In Fact, I’ve Got Several” Heston, and Jürgen Prochnow.

This one wasn’t written by John Carpenter!

8 Likes

i will be seeing prince of darkness with alan howarth doing a live performance in two weeks. i am very excited

3 Likes

I found out about this a couple hours ago, and the tickets were sold out.

I am deeply envious.

John Carpenter is “The Horror Master”. Don’t believe me? Check this shit out:

Now is that tweet scary or is that tweet scary?!

And you know what else is scary? An evening where we watch horror movies without you, my friend. Please…log on to https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub this evening – at 9PM EST, ideally – and watch PRINCE OF DARKNESS and IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS!

Fun fact: In the Mouth of Madness was scheduled to be the inaugural Halloween Club feature last year but it didn’t happen due to technical difficulties. You could say tonight is an evening one year in the making…!!!

3 Likes

It’s Night of the Valley Girl at Halloween Club this week. Join us this Saturday (10/13/18) at 6/9PM.

vlcsnap-03170 vlcsnap-03171

I can’t stomach pretty much anything Joss Whedon has done except for the movie he apparently had very little control over: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Features Kirsty Swanson (of Deadly Friend) as Buffy the Teenage Valley Girl Vampire Killer, Donald Sutherland as “a homeless”, Rutger Hauer as The Bad Guy, Paul Reubens as The Best Vampire, Dylan from 90210 as Generation X, Patricia Arquette’s Brother as Generation X-2, and others. Join Buffy as she tries to plan for prom while also attempting to protect her piece of shit Californian town from becoming a red feast for the vampires.

Second up is Night of the Comet. It’s the Christmas season and the Earth is about to “orbit through the tail of a comet”, which is expected to bring a spectacular light show. But, the comet may be gifting us with more than just a good view. Bad-ass sisters Reggie and Sam of the Valley team up with trucker Hector (Raul of Eating Raul) of Sandy Eggo and attempt to survive post-comet Los Angeles.

4 Likes

I can vouch for Night of the Comet, that movie is an absolute delight.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t recommend it enough.

(she hurts him)

1 Like

Yo do you think something’s wrong with my computer. This can’t be right.

Please log on and save me…by watching Horror movies!! https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

2 Likes

Yo, change of plans for the second movie! The second movie will be Eyes of Fire instead of Night of the Comet, because my connection is garbage and none of Night of the Comet uploaded to Google last night. Awesome. I don’t want to show the YouTube rip, so I’ll wait to show it another time. Sorry. :\

so I’m pretty sure whedon hates this movie because kristy swanson’s too convincing a physical actor in the violent scenes and it ruins his waif boner?

“I shall talk shit… for the rest of my career!!!”

1 Like

I think we’re watching this next? Looks like some real scary shit. You should log on and join us at https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

2 Likes

2449c8ea-c058-45c9-854c-e4c0b1fc6536

1 Like