⚰ Halloween Club VIII 🎃 Halloween Club's Dead on 10/31/18 @ 5/8PM (PST/EST) 👻

THIS IS GOING TO BE HOT AS LOVE YOU MOTHERS

Halloween Club starts this Saturday (09/08/18) at 6PM PST / 9PM EST.

This week’s main feature is Wes Craven’s The People Under the Stairs (1991). We’ll join Fool as he infiltrates the spooky mansion of Big Ed and Nadine Hurley and uncovers a bit more than he bargained for.

Wes Craven wrote and directed this surrealistic horror-comedy, which was inspired by a true story of parents keeping their children locked in a basement for years. Fool (Brandon Adams), an African-American teen, breaks into the home of the wealthy landlords who evicted his family from a ghetto tenement. A fortune in gold coins is rumored to exist inside, but Fool discovers that the mansion is a chamber of horrors.

Trailer

Objectionable Content Warning

Violence, gore, language. No graphic nudity or sexual content, very little implied sexual content.

Where is the Select Button Halloween Club?

When is the Select Button Halloween Club?
6PM/9PM (PST/EST) on Saturdays. The main feature will begin around thirty to forty-five minutes after the hour.

What do I need for the Select Button Halloween Club?
You may need to install the Google Drive userscript if you haven’t already done so.

10 Likes

Yo, it starts now! With an episode of Tales from the Crypt featuring Tim Curry, Tim Curry, Tim Curry, and Ed Begley Jr.

2 Likes

DON’T GO INTO THE BASEMENT! THERE ARE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS! JOIN US IN THE GAY WATCH! WE’LL PROTECT YOU!

https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

I can’t make it but love this creepin movie and hope all attendants are disturbentained proper!

I just bought this on tape! Such a rad movie.

Yo, thanks to those who checked out this week’s Halloween Club.

In case you missed it or want to re-watch something later, here’s what we watched (in order of appearance):

1. Tales from the Crypt - Death of Some Salesmen
  2. The People Under the Stairs
  3. Tales from the Crypt - Television Terror
  4. Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction - Rock and Roll Ears/The Bucket/The Bridesmaid/Voice from the Grave/The Chess Game
  5. Tales from the Crypt - The Reluctant Vampire (Portion, Sound Cut Out)
  6. Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction - Creepy Comics/Louie the Dip/The Wailing/The Landlady/Curse
  7. The Mummy (1999)

Any Halloween Club nights I host will generally follow this format – some horror anthology series, two movies, and some beyond belief.

3 Likes

Beyond Belief, in fact, is

2 Likes

Riker telling spooky BS is straight fire.

Tales from the Crypt is a huge blind spot for me. I’ll try to check out your suggestions soon.

1 Like

This was one of the greatest shows of all time.

6 Likes

I mean can they really pull out a pun for “lying”, each related to the events of the particular story, for four stories per episode for three full seasons? And can Jonathan Frakes deliver his devastatingly sexy smirk every single time?

Yes. They can.

2 Likes

Some of my friends made a horror comedy anthology film under the pretenses of it being an episode of a beyond belief knockoff. I have a cameo as a squatter, and as a result am now on IMDb. Fact.

5 Likes

Haunted Milk Buckets save lives, folks.

2 Likes

I need to get a club schedule I can not keep up with all these clubs

Got you with this for now: SB Vision Clubs

Halloween Club is back Saturday @ 6/9PM. This week’s main feature is Cemetery Man, which is apparently very loosely based on an Italian comic called Dylan Dog. Francesco Dellamorte lives a miserable, meaningless, monotonous life as a caretaker for a cemetery in Italy whose job description includes disposing of the corpses that rise from their grave seven nights after they’ve died.

Something is causing the dead to rise from their graves as flesh-eating zombies, and cemetery custodian Francesco Dellamorte (Rupert Everett) grows tired of killing them all for the second time. However, the town politicians won’t listen to him, so Francesco is on his own. One day, he falls for a beautiful woman (Anna Falchi) whose husband has recently died – but their affair is tragically interrupted by zombies, sending Francesco into a tailspin of madness and woe.

whoa Woe!

Trailer

Objectionable Content Warning

There’s plenty of gore – it’s partially a zombie movie. Some people have their flesh bitten into, zombies are shot in the head, et cetera. There’s full-frontal nudity as well as sex.

As usual, there’ll be Beyond Belief, some horror anthology, and another feature.

3 Likes

This movie’s extremely gorgeous. At least in terms of macabre zombie bustin’ and graveyard romance. Surreal tone juggler too, been a long time but I def remember the ending scene. God there’s some crazy good imagery.

1 Like

Cemetery Man rules so much, but its Italian title is way better. They shoulda just kept it.

Halloween Club is back at 6/9PM (PST/EST). This week’s main feature is Gremlins 2: The New Batch, starring :revolving_hearts: Phoebe Cates :revolving_hearts:, the less annoying (new and improved) Steve Gutenberg, and I guess some other people!

5 Likes

camerons-closet-37495l

The follow-up feature will be Cameron’s Closet (1988). I’ve never seen it, but the premise sounded interesting.

A father who experiments with his son’s psychokinetic powers is unaware that these experiments release a demon from hell, which lives in his son’s closet, preparing to take over the young boy’s soul.

1 Like

I probably can’t make it tonight, but I will vouch for Gremlins 2. It’s a real favorite of mine. Prepare for a Marxist cartoon, an absurdist fantasia, a movie deeply intelligent in its stupidity. Have a Moment when you realize who the villain is based on!