[h4ck3d] Watch the watchers in Watch_dogz (#1)

Saw new previews for Watch More Dogs Too, yesterday and thought of this thread. I had a fun romp on the original game after I picked it up on the cheap (Xboner version). I kept online invasions on so I had some hilarious moments of roleplaying “Terrible pedestrian AI” including sneaking up on a guy blowing up an intersection “for the lulz” like an AI traffic car stuck in the traffic jam this madman created. Watching him slowly freak out and start blowing up the cars in front trying to find out who’s invading him before hightailing it out once I hit 100% and he was about to send a C4 pack my way was incredible stuff. The sort that induces giggling glee at your own cleverness and the salty message you get after you successfully pull off a hack (Paging @ScrubQuotes)

As for the new one. Previews are saying that the jump from W_D1 to Deux are like the leap from Assassin’s Creed 1 to 2. So froth is being maintained at a cautious but eager pace. Those cutscenes and “Fight the man” aspects might be a bit cringe but then apparently this game is willing to live and die by the online thunderdome sword since it actually does reference the “How do you do, Fellow Kids” meme amongst others. It’s certainly the most interesting product Ubi-Soft have put out for a long time. So I will probably be there day one (Probably Xbone again though. PC version is delayed and reeks of “Ubi-Soft port” despite the delay to fix it. I’ll take a dynamic rez or 900 peas as long as it runs)

1 Like