GUN GAL 2021: NO MAN'S GUY

i had a long period of vidcon lust for delta force as a child. never played it

i also had a long period of vidcon lust for Shellshock: Nam '67 based solely off some moody rainy jungle concept art

3 Likes

Oh it was a beefy, beefy game! Just look at all those chunky voxels. It was fun to play

Vidcon lusting is great, it’s like it can be Christmas any time of the year, minus all the annoying parts of Christmas

saw ogre2 streaming this and the verticality of the maps reminds me of like boarding action from halo 1

gunplay has all the ratchet and clankiness of halo 4 though

1 Like

invisible feet confirmed though. boo.

2 Likes

omg this is a great coinage for the kind of obligatory weapon novelty

hmm it seems odd that they’d tout the feet animation specifically if they’re not visible to you from first-person but I am not a dev of any stripe.

Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s animation techniques are designed to directly affect gameplay in several ways. Players can identify weapons according to model size and unique holding position. Character models will now realistically lean into turns, interact with the environment based on intuitive physics and even change direction differently depending on which foot is forward;

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/335128/SPLITGATE_ARENA_WARFARE_ADDS_MAJOR_ENHANCEMENTS_AND_IMPROVEMENTS_AHEAD_OF_CLOSED_ALPHA.php

Yeah, I was just going on the vid that tiburon linked, which at one point has someone look downward pretty far, and not a leg in sight. It does seem weird that they would talk about it like that though.

This was cute.

1 Like

The game part looks like it might be fun but everything about this smirking cursing 90s xxxtreme presentation makes me want to retch

I feel like I’m more down with it than Borderlands at this point which is a reversal

it’s weird because I feel like this is a fairly common aesthetic at this point and their version of it is somehow still pretty unappealing

hey so who wants to play youngblood with me if I get the free co op edition

I think parker and I are spoken for

1 Like

you gotta catch up on new colossus still

I watched Avengers: Endgame today and one of the ads brute the movie was for Rage 2. Wasn’t the one Mr. Mech posted though. I don’t know when I last saw an ad for a videogame at the theater before. That was pretty surprising. Also surprising was that the eponymous Endgame was actually American football. That might just make this the most American movie of all times. Also, these movies supposedly do really well in China and there are maybe two Asian Americans in the whole MCU, what gives?

1 Like

That new Blood port supports 8 player (but strangely not 9, Alice’s spot in the center remains open) splitscreen! Buy a couple extra couches!

2 Likes

Just discovered this.

1 Like

Prepare to go dark, Modern WarfareÂŽ is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Call of DutyÂŽ: Modern WarfareÂŽ engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up.

In the visceral and dramatic single-player story campaign, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can. Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.

And the story doesn’t end there.

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, players will be thrust into an immersive narrative spanning the entire game. Players can experience the ultimate online playground with classic multiplayer or squad-up and play cooperatively in a collection of elite operations, accessible to all skill levels.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare arrives October 25th, 2019.

it’s on an actual new engine

it’s on not the foundation of Quake 3

my world has turned upside down

1 Like

Honestly if they have the co-op special ops missions I’m 110% there, those things are great

This is now being published by New Blood Interactive, of DUSK and AMID EVIL fame.

1 Like