GUN GAL 2021: NO MAN'S GUY

Siege has the absolute best and most active community management I’ve ever seen

they actually try stuff and are responsive, I can’t stress enough how unusual it is

joking aside about having an opinion about motherboard vendors, ASRock is actually that good; they always have one of the cheapest available mITX boards for the highest end ZXX chipsets and their EFI is pretty good and their components are high quality without having gamer LED shit or unnecessary heatsinks all over them

it’s the kind of thing where I know there are competing perspectives but on some level they’re just so obviously the objective best

2 Likes

wake up joe

1 Like

They move pretty slowly for a SWAT team. Aren’t they supposed to haul more ass?

I’m going to make a Fuck Blue Lives mod for this game where you play antifa super soldiers rescuing unarmed black people from cops

4 Likes

Raid on Chicago black sites and ICE detention centres.

3 Likes

Yay for SWAT 5

I didn’t have much luck with apex but I went back to siege and lowered the mouse sensitivity and increased the fov and have become a killing machine

4 Likes

3D Realm’s new Quake 1 engine game! I’ve never felt more pandered to, and it’s kind of a nice feeling!

Speaking of, abbreviating Quake Champions to QC complicates my google searches for QuakeC tutorials!

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/b0t5l3/counterstrike_global_offensive_update_for_31319/

Adjusted round loss bonuses with the goal of reducing a negative feedback loop following streaks of losses.

Round loss bonuses are now based on the count of a team’s round losses. The count increases by one after every loss, and decreases by one after every win (minimum 0).

With 0 Losses: $1400

With 1 Loss: $1900

With 2 Losses: $2400

With 3 Losses: $2900

With 4+ Losses: $3400

Previously, a win would reset the round loss bonus. Now, a win reduces the loss counter by one.

Teams still begin the half with a loss count of 1.

This is enabled by default and can be controlled using the mp_consecutive_loss_aversion server setting.

The round loss bonus is still limited to mp_consecutive_loss_max multiplied by cash_team_winner_bonus_consecutive_rounds.

Added flashbang assists for players who successfully flash an enemy which then gets killed by another player. Players who threw the flashbang will get an assist callout in the death notice. However if another player inflicted >40 damage to the victim for the assist, the flashbang assist player will not get the callout.

AUG
Now that players have had an opportunity to learn to love the AUG, returning the weapon to its original price of $3300.

M4A1-S
The M4A1-S now holds 25 bullets in the magazine, and has 75 in reserve.

Shotguns
Price reduction for some shotguns: Nova ($1050), Sawed-Off ($1100), Mag7 ($1300).
Nova penetration increased to 1.
Sawed-Off range increased to 1400.
Single shell shotguns in the middle of their reload sequence will no longer automatically continue to reload after a player holsters and deploys them.

talk about a big ol rules change!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

whaaaaaaaat

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I have never heard of these games before

1 Like

They. Were, weirdly interesting in a way extremely specific to the era in which they were created. The only thing a “reboot” could do is make them more normal which would make them bone dry boring.

Finally I can learn the origin story of John Goin’In

Boy that IP must have cost a pretty penny.

But less than a nickel, still.

I played and cared about I.G.I. but it was strictly in a pre-open-world shooter context; this was a flight sim engine used to model gameplay around base approach before Operation Flashpoint and Far Cry got there. In 2019? It just means it was before its time

Hahaha oh boy! And I thought Project IGI was a weird Europeans-only kind of thing. But of course people on sb would know it, how could they not

It ruled btw

Bring back Delta Force next while you’re at it!

1 Like