Grotesque videogames

Captain Blood is so cool

2 Likes

It’d be such a perfect game to remake in VR, too. You spend the whole game sitting in the same place so the movement problem is solved, go all out on the weird biomechanical cockpit and hands, have a bunch of weird controls and devices labeled in alien languages and animate fancy modern zbrushed alien models by motion capturing drunk people doing hand puppet gestures.

5 Likes
10 Likes

aaaah those wiggly legs both too fast and too slow for his move speed, the way he pushes to the edge of the camera like the Capn is going to squirm right off the edge

I’d recognize that RSD Game-Maker look anywhere.

2 Likes

2 Likes

the company who made lady cruncher reused the same engine/game like a billion times, including one version where the character was literally just pacman

also check out this frogger clone

more from the same people

14 Likes

I can’t believe u would only show a screenshot of forbidden forest 3

the dance he does after completing a mission is so funny i’m guna fuckn cry

4 Likes

forbidden forest 2 (aka: Beyond [the?] Forbidden Forest) belongs in this thread too:

5 Likes

Newest MS Flight Simulator uses the same kind of thing that Google World does and it looks fucked up from the ground level, I love it:

(timestamped)

5 Likes

14 Likes

i was looking for a thread on here to post this video into and this like as good of a place as any

12 Likes

that tree animation! I think it’s just squashing the billboard polygons but it’s such a jagged cutout the whole thing swims

1 Like

what’s it about low-poly games and tropical vibes that go so well together (though not really applicable to this after hearing the soundtrack)

i’m pretty sure that track is taken from the OCReMix “Kong In Concert” album that i also contributed a track to way back in the day, lol.

1 Like

why didn’t you make them to call it kong in kongcert, come on

2 Likes

i probably would have been told to “shut up fgt” or something similar for suggesting that to my online friend at the time who organized the album

Spank
Em

8 Likes

18 Likes

16 Likes