Great XBoxtations

Common sense will never get along with uncommon practice. That reticule behavior sounds hilarious, but also sensible? even if disconnecting the player from the avatar is generally a shitty thing to do to most playas? I mean, corpses are pretty interesting and poignant. It also sounds like(with bosses at least) that corpses can be useful? I mean, why else would they allow you to grab a thing that had to be something else at some point?

You can pick up corpses and hurl them at enemies but even better, they can do the same to you! I can’t think of a good reason to shoot one though and accidentally unloading ammo into a dead body while taking fire from a dozen living enemies sucks.

Edit: Wait…maybe it’s so you can shoot a corpse out of the air when it’s thrown at you? That isn’t terribly common though, I’m still not convinced it’s a good thing.

1 Like

A good reason to shoot a corpse that I can think of would be a useless, but satisfying one: pulping
Something something solar anus

I was going to edit my post until I took too long and you replied, throwing corpses from the top of buildings does sound lovely

1 Like

That was one of my favorite things about the game, clearing a particularly difficult area, usually fairly high up, then the victory lap around the building tossing bodies onto the streets below.

ETA: The cars are very good, especially since you can upgrade the various models as you spend more time in them, and the Final Forms are hilariously over-the-top murder machines.

1 Like

Yeah, the cars do feel good. I was too enamoured with the jumping though!

This just arrived:

10 Likes

I’ve only played the PS3 version, but I’ve always heard that the 360 version of For Answer has a smoother frame rate. This is really the only thing that makes we want a 360 sometimes. If For Answer was backward compatible, I’d by a Series X in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

ENJOY

3 Likes

Smoother doesn’t mean perfect though.

It’s improved though. Does make me wish From wasn’t in Endless Souls mode so we could get a PC release.

2 Likes

A FROM game is like sand. It’s rough. And Smooth. Someone who worked on Journey really liked the sand skating in 4Answer?

10 Likes

What do we have to do to trick you to play Advent Rising and give a 2021 opinion on that trash fire.

I have no love for OSC but I remember the game being a very fast moving broken mess that made zero sense and you could miss cutscenes and accidentally kill unkillable party members who would then flip out in the cutscenes that were all real time and also prone to glitching out.

I think it took 3 hours and was constant chaos.

2 Likes

Say you’ll trick me, then I’ll try to beat you to the punch and trick myself first. OSC, oh boy. Wait…

…it was designed by the Mustard Brothers??? OK, I haven’t been playing video games lately but I’ll consider giving this thing a shot.

God damn, Tommy Tallarico, too!?

1 Like