Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

I got that fucking shirt.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/294104/the-2015-holiday-surprise-box-pc-download

WHATā€™S IN THE BOX!?

(itā€™s probably games you already own on Steam, but everyone loves surprises)

Seriously, itā€™s not a good sign when the company responsible for packaging the ROMs (DotEmu) and an old emulator actually explicitly acknowledges thatā€™s precisely what it did it in a public letter to defend itself: http://www.dotemu.com/Letter/NeoGeo.html. Itā€™s a god damn shame this is the form of the first-ever legit release of Samurai Shodown V Special on a non Neo Geo platform.

The shirt does look pretty cool though! I canā€™t support zero effort folder full of ROMs though (plus a couple nice Steam versions I already happily paid for at release).

More interested in possible upcoming Garou Steam version that looks like it was found in Steam database.

As for the PSN saleā€¦ Iā€™d seriously recommend Lost Dimension. Iā€™ll just copy-paste my brief comments from the Best of 2015 topic on the OLD, OUTDATED Selectbutton.

Lost Dimension initially looks kind of bland but it ended up hooking me. Good Valkyria Chronicles-like battle system, a
nice serious sci-fi anime plot, and the ā€œtraitorā€ mechanic really does feel unique and captivating even though itā€™s pretty simple. Glad I gave it the benefit of the doubt, mainly due to Lancarse developing it (my love for SMT: Strange Journey is undying).

Click the weird little word balloon button in the Reply window.

e: Also, I havenā€™t played ~Dungeon Travelers 2~, but I have played ~To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers~ and itā€™s not a very good dungeon crawler. Extremely mindless, plentiful resources so nothingā€™s ever really challenging, and the game leans heavily on CERO D Anime Tidday over game design. I doubt that changed in the now-its-own-series sequel.

It doesnā€™t exist in mobile mode, which is of course when it would be actually very useful! There are no formatting options in mobile at all, at least not for me.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto is free over at GOG through tomorrow. I heard good things about this way back when?

Itā€™s a bit of a clunky game but worth experiencing at least once. I put it on the same level as Sacrifice; itā€™s got a mish-mash of different mechanics (giant stompy monster levels! RTS with troopers! ??? with the siren looking race!) that no other game has combined. Some of it works and some doesnā€™t.

Yeah Citizen Kabuto is one of those weird 3rd person pc games from the makers of MDK and Messiah. It tried to do Evolve 15 years before Evolve

Never completed the single player, but somehow managed to play a few online games and it was an experience. Every faction plays differently and itā€™s all pretty experimental and bizarre even for todayā€™s standards. You have the big monster Kabuto that gets new abilities as he eats, the Mechs that have a jetpack and play in a squad/team and can build different gadgets and buildings, even get a helicopter where one player is the pilor and the other two are hooked to the sides and can shoot their guns from them and the sea reapers that get extra spells and abilities. Can also build some structures and vehicles but play as a single character, like the kabuto.

Reminded me of the old times where we would install quirky games on an internet cafe to get a chance top try its multiplayer modes. Mutliplayer Drakan was something, man, let me tell you.

If you download any of these free games from Amazonā€™s app store, you get a $5 credit to your account:

Not a good deal, but figure yā€™all would all want a link to the Christmas Sonic Sweater.

That Playstation one is fucking incredible

The HRAP4 Kaiā€™s price has been bungeeing lately. A couple days ago, it got as low as $115, then shot back up to $150, and now itā€™s falling again.

Itā€™s a great deal at anything below $130 IMO; then itā€™s $100 less than the TE2.

Mac version of Homeworld Remastered Collection is under $12 on MacGameStore with this voucher: macgames5off

Not the Windows version though :frowning:

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/sony-playstation-vita?ref=el_cnt_gw_dly_tl&utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10956019&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+6149513&utm_medium=affiliate+-+home.woot

woot has refurbed OLED Vitas on sale today (you would still need a memory card, so math in another 15-40 bucks)

Note that I donā€™t advocate actually buying a Vita unless you really like indie or Japanese games on the go

Went to Gamestop of all places and saw they put Witcher 3 on sale for 29.99$

Iā€™m still skeptical even at that price, it just seems kind of monotonous? Not really a fan of open world games and the combat seems really hollow and unsatisfying.

The Steam winter sale started today. I canā€™t ever get the site to load but it shouldnā€™t be doing daily deals, just like in the Fall sale, so buy what you want whenever. Even if you donā€™t want to buy anything you can get 3 trading cards per day just by looking through your discovery queue so you can sell those off for money.

Dig through your discovery queue and click ā€œNot Interestedā€ to a wave of AAA Sandbox Games, B Multiplayer Sandbox Survival Games, Free-To-Play Korean MMOs, Old Versions of Arc System Works Fighters, and Steam Controllers You Already Own.

This is the best Steam Sale metagame yet

I kept getting the same set of RPG maker games, visual novels, and Idea Factory/Compile Heart games. Steam does not hold my taste in high regard.

the combat held up better in witcher 2 which was more linear but still had the same excellent writing and world design as 3, if you want to try that first. 3 is great, and the open world elements are genuinely impressive, but 2 doesnā€™t get enough credit in hindsight.

You guys made me curious what Steam would recommend me

They donā€™t know me at all. No one knows my silly tastes, not even me.