Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

New deals thread to share with your consumer sisbrethren efficient ways to dispense of their earnings for vidcons.

This one seems auspicious to begin!

NEOGEO Humble Bundle

EDIT: the non-Steam games come packaged as both the in-browser emulation and as a downloadable standalone executable in a DotEmu wrapper. The download includes the ROMs if you don’t have them lying around from GGPO and you can use them in your emulator of choice, but there’s little front-end to the package. Configuration options are thin including the display and control mapping (seemingly nonexistent).

These NeoGeo humble bundles always have exclusive anniversary t-shirts but man they are always so expensive (essentially $30 here).

Holy shit there are PLAYABLE PREVIEWS of those games on the humble bundle page. We must be living in the future.

I ran a preview in Chrome and I think the emulation is linked to refresh rate because I just witnessed Metal Slug at 120 fps.

This bundle has both Shock Trooper titles therefore I endorse it

They’re browser games but are there files you can download and run offline or you have to go to HumbleBundle.com to play any of these?

The bundle still gives you some good Steam stuff. KOF98UM and KOF2k2UM are both great and I’ve had good experience with the netcode.

I just bought this and it has the normal Humble .exes on the download page. I downloaded Garou. The install directory misspells “anniversary” as “anniversery” which is pretty cool. What is definitely not cool is that I got a legit BSOD from it. Be careful y’all.

Week 1 of the PSN Holiday Sale has started: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLIDAYSALEGAMEG

Tron Bonne for $1.50.

1 Like

I know it makes me The Problem, but it seems ludicrous to buy less-convenient versions of my MAME library.

It is kind of weird that this is literally Just Roms and you can drag and drop them into your mame folder and run them from there.

It’s analogous to that Genesis collection from a while back, no? It’s an inexpensive way to catch up.

No problem with piracy in general, though. Play 'em if you’ve got 'em. I share DRM-free stuff with my brother who doesn’t have disposable income all the time.

Yeah if you are going to charge for it at least make it better than MAME, ffs.

I already own Kof 98um and 02um on Steam so there’s no value in here for me.

Ooh thanks, that’ll be nice to play on the plane in a few weeks.

Is Tron Bonne worth playing in the year 2015 or is it just a nostalgic curiosity at this point? I mean that’s darn cheap, but the mental toll of another game on my backlog looms heavily.

Someone dare me to buy Dungeon Travelers 2, dare me dammit

I played the demo and the dungeon crawling bit seems like it is a Good Game but on the other hand the demo ends with a CG of a hogtied girl in a maid outfit so I don’t know

I wouldn’t actually know since I only ever played the demo back in the day. But people like the character!

It’s definitely an anime girl game but I’ve heard the game itself wasn’t too hot. Might just be a run-of-the-mill dungeon crawler. Source: I honestly can’t remember where I got that impression from.

Hey is there a quick-quote feature on this forum I can’t figure it out

You have to highlight the text you want to quote and a box will pop up with a button to quote the text.

@notbov If the hogtied girl makes you trepidations the picture on the wikipedia article may make you moreso.

1 Like

well, it would have been okay since I would have never gotten a chance to see it since it was censored, but now I have the image of an anime blowing a croissant as a point of reference

Wow this sucks very much on my phone!

[quote=“Drem, post:15, topic:114”][quote=“Mikey”]
Is Tron Bonne worth playing in the year 2015 or is it just a nostalgic curiosity at this point? I mean that’s darn cheap, but the mental toll of another game on my backlog looms heavily. [/quote]

I wouldn’t actually know since I only ever played the demo back in the day. But people like the character!
[/quote]

It’s been awhile but I have fond memories of it. Its a collection of various game types. You got block pushing puzzle, dungeon crawler and the action stages which are the meat of the game where you go around towns ransacking everything not nailed down. And you get to run a ship full of servbots and have to take them to a torture room if they get to lazy to straighten them out.