Getting got

De Vermis Mysteriis appears in the 1992 video game Alone in the Dark . Unless the player character is standing on a pentagram tile, reading it will result in instant death; an additional warning, in Latin, is prepended to the original text in reference to this: “In nomine invocatoris, si non sanctificatus es, cave.”

Having an actual squish animation makes me less anxious about getting pinched somehow

12 Likes

If I’m on my 3rd boulder in a round of dig dug I’ll do a suicide attack. I’ll touch an enemy while the boulder is wiggling above us(if it doesn’t wiggle it won’t fall until you’re alive again), killing ourselves before the boulder falls keeps our corpse unpressed even while being dragged down with our self satisfied enemies(if there’s one advantage to sacrificing ourself for a squish combo it’s that our enemies won’t move out of the way while the boulder is falling).

5 Likes

Everything about Beyond Forbidden Forest is beautiful and bizarre. The death scenes are no exception.

13 Likes

jesus christ the noises

5 Likes

How is there no video of all the death animations in Ninja 5-0? It’s the first thing I thought of.

2 Likes

18 Likes

https://selectbutton.net/t/return-of-bride-of-the-shrieking-best-images/10858/91

L-l-l-Lali ho

2 Likes

the Bomberman series has a ton of great death animations

Super Bomberman implies hard that he’s a robot and his eyes are a TV visor projecting an image with its death animation (timestamped)

6 Likes

How could I have forgetten

6 Likes

Everything you ever wanted to know about gibs but were afraid to ask

7 Likes

Those mouth sounds when you get cannibalized

4 Likes

This game is ass, but I have some warm feelings for it. I love that there are weird ass games that almost everyone seems to know, it makes me appreciate even more how great a game Super Mario Bros. is

Speaking of, I remember thinking about how weird Mario died. Time freezes and he becomes transient, doing one more pathetic jump before disappearing into the ground(hope he does this in 3d one day). Maybe he’s going to hell because he killed so many transformed toads, or maybe he’s scared to go to heaven because there are teeth in the sky

4 Likes

I’m glad a lot of us can look back on SMB1 as taking place in a hell world full of terror and not some cute “woo hoo mama mia” place to be.

5 Likes

This is so got damn funny to me

10 Likes