Games You Played Today ver.1.22474487139...

Fatal Slurry or Garoux: Mark of the Wolves

17 Likes

Anyway I got 27 minutes into Stage 4 of Vampire Survivors with a surprisingly janky build and at the very low character level of 25. Granted I had some buffs applied from the persistent upgrade system but it was pretty impressive how well that build held up. It was mostly

Garlic/Time Lance thingy/Magic Wand/Empty Tome/Laurel/Wings

I was ducking and weaving until I got too reckless right at the end and marched straight into my death.

2 Likes

Hoalah Roux, Sous-Chef

5 Likes

me and my girlfriend played Mario 3 this morning until the water world was kicking our ass
then transitioned to a battle mode in Bomberman Online which turned into Chu Chu Rocket until i had to leave for work

10 Likes

I finished the final mission in Double S.T.E.A.L: The Second Clash, god that game is good

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: sports game save files

I have been trying to find a copy of that. I have the first one (Which I bought twice, I found the japanese version and thought it was the sequel). The graphics and environments are still pretty mesmerizing.

there are usually a couple of copies on Yahoo! Auctions for under ¥1,000, the international shipping might be a bit ridiculous if that’s all you get but it doesn’t seem to have hit the collector market in terms of popularity, despite fully deserving it

edit: I’m full of shit those that are up currently are the original lmao :see_no_evil:

I looked it up and we actually got this copy from suruga-ya; they don’t have stock right now, but their prices for it were fairly good

Tried to finally commit to finishing Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin and felt I had to give up.

1. Bosses are spongey and my attempt to create a button keyboard to deal with action combat actually made it more difficult unless I develop a proper muscle memory for it.

2. Once you get over the novelty of the rice harvesting loop the game becomes very rote.

I’m real bummed because it has everything I should like. Unusual genre combination, compressed PS2 audio, relaxing nature ambience. Sadly the combat challenge is just too much controls-wise and I just found myself tuning out. I don’t really care what happens to my crops and the combat certainly isn’t drawing me in. The resources and simulation aspects become a bit of a jumble mentally. So, what I ‘should like’ has maybe changed slightly. Why is that? I wondered.

I have three save files in the game scattered across 2020, 2021, 2022. I played it for a period in each year which lasted probably about an hour or so each time. My total play time is 4 hours 40 minutes. Within those four or so hours I think I have become a completely different person since 2020 and even 2021. And it hit me. April 28th (this Thursday) will be exactly 2 years since I joined SB which has been a large influence on me. A funny coincidence is that 2 years have also passed in my Sakuna playthrough. Partially due to my SB-enjoying, my thoughts, habits, beliefs, taste and approach to discourse have changed subtly over time, without my knowing, and for the better.

Sometimes a game is a life barometer and so a sincere thanks to everyone who posts and reads here. You’ve helped me in so many ways and it’s hard to articulate. For that reason I recommend Sakuna, maybe it’ll reveal how you too can pound away the husk of the self to reveal the glistening rice of personal growth.

19 Likes

Made more progress in Dark Souls 2: SotFS. Beat the belfry and the gargoyles with a summoned spirit after a few solo tries that went badly. Will try to kill the lost sinner next. This is the furthest I have ever gotten in this game since my previous 2 attempts.

6 Likes

I really want to play a lot more but it hurts my right thumb a little after a while. so I only play in short bursts. The auto camera is slow and useless so you have to constantly use the right stick, which is though for a demanding platformer that asks you to use the use face buttons all the time. Is that why Demon’s Souls mapped Attack to R1?
Fake edit: after writing this I remapped Jump to R2, it does feel a lot more comfortable than using circle so far

The game feels like a Super Mario 64 fan hack, you get the same maximalist moveset as Mario with more linear, difficult, platforming intensive levels than the usual 3D Mario main game. There even are optional obstacle courses that look a lot like the nozzleless SM Sunshine levels + a level that’s straight up masocore Tick Tock Tower.
I’m not a huge fan of having a double jump + float, the lack of commitment removes a lot of nuance to the jumps and it feels like you have to constantly double jump and/or float to get anywhere. The distances feel too big for that reason too. Level design’s pretty good otherwise though

The checkpoint system rules. You get two checkpoints per level that you can set wherever you want. The game is difficult from the start so this is immediately necessary.
I’ve seen people complain that this is bad because the player can’t know where to optimally put the checkpoints before finishing the level, which is actually why I like it a lot! You have to make an educated guess. And looking at the level geography ahead to roughly guess how far you are is so cool.

There’s this messy punk kid vibe that’s not exactly my thing but is at least a lot better than the corporate-approved rebel attitude you usually see in videogames

5 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: sports game save files

It helps a bit!

Mainly I remember playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and it seemed “moderate” on the jrpg scale until I reached the final boss and because I leveled stuff incorrectly I could barely damage it and it took 45+ minutes of perfectly timed button presses for it to finally go down, which sucked. Generally I am turned off by tons of random battles and the possibility of screwing up progression to the degree that the late game becomes a nightmare and at the least it sounds like the former isn’t a big worry.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Replayed Zelda 64. Reaffirmed my opinion that the dungeons in that game are fucking wack. I still quite enjoyed everything else outside of the dungeons, including getting to the dungeons themselves. Kind of thinking I’ll never have to replay this game again in my life.

8 Likes

Start to clean my backlogs, the first one is Bad North original version, unfortunately I’m failing again, will tried until I beat it.

In my opinion, Bad North is really such an underrated RTS game, this game is full of strategy, operability, rogue and puzzles, many details in different landspace (eg, if enemy will dead immediately when he push down the cliff), even though I had been played it tons of times, still feel fresh after 3 years.

tip: don’t play it on a console/mobile device, PC is always the best port for a RTS.

===

Made it!

6 Likes

After deleting Elden Ring just been bouncing around stuff on the Mega SG/Everdrive.

The big one is PAPRIUM. Which I played through Arcade mode again, then tried Original. In original you can pick your route and if you win can thrown your character. This locked them out of selection, I guess. Semi-mad at myself because my second time through I just did the Arcade mode route.

I thought about doing more, but the game isn’t that involved. Sure I could fight through all these mooks a 3rd time then stare at the Boss life bar which has two states, silver and then 4 hits till death. There is a large green man who you just have to jump kick for 4 minutes till they are dead because if you allow them to bring out their single AOE attack it will destroy your health bar. And like the second I am just jump kicking everything the belt scroller has lost me right. Also in the 3rd stage from start I fought 3 mooks and then there was a trashcan hamburger (75% life up) and I think I am going to be mad about that for a weak. In the deepest part of the world I faced a boss rush and at the end od the 3rd boss there was a trashcan at the far left of the screen and it was impossible to not accidentally pick up the health item inside because of how scrolling is.

Also the caveats for a game none of you can play if you don’t come to my house: The game has multiple offensive gay stereotypes, if you beat the black man that is half boombox on rollerskates you can ride him (???) another enemy is a floating pair of tits that shoot lasers out of the nipples Ah yes the french do think the gays are hilarious. The super special ultra edition comes with a THONG can you BELIEVE THAT. Ah yes The French

I’m saying this game is "fuck"ed up.

I was gonna talk about Sega CD games and Xmen 2 (SORRY I PRAISEDTHAT GAME, it is bad!!)

5 Likes

Paprium is still better than like the entire 32x catalog though.

5 Likes

roblox looks like a made up videogame for a law and order episode

18 Likes