Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I have owned The Void since the end of 2010. At no point have I installed it to see how it would play.

1 Like

There was a bit of The Void discussion when it came out but a lot of it was on IRC because DewGoddess4_2_0 really liked that game as well.

1 Like

The Void is the same Russian studio that did Pathologic; itā€™s a pretty interesting psychosexual odyssey working on terrain still largely untouched. Predates the walking sim understanding that narrative allusions are easier served with mechanically unchallenging gameplay (itā€™s balanced brutally hard, just like Pathologic).

the ringed city has some tough stuff yall

1 Like

I got fucking stuck in Metroid Fusion i think. Im a bit bummed about that

That has to be why I bought it.

Man, I feel like I should spend a month giving like every game in my Steam backlog like ten minutes just to see what the hell I even have there, because man I have a lot of stuff there that I never touched. I think I might also have The Void.

Hey guys I am 21 years late to the party and Quake is very good.

4 Likes

Within the last month I finally set it up with the music and itā€™s so much better itā€™s criminal id canā€™t be bothered to get that right on Steam.

1 Like

yeah, quake remains fun and has a unique feel. its roots as a melee combat game show, with the close-mid range effectiveness of most weapons and somewhat bullet-spongey enemies.

1 Like

All I play is BOTW. Iā€™m on master mode and Iā€™m gonna find fricking everything.

Iā€™ve already encountered a couple of shrines I didnā€™t see in the first playthrough, as well as a the coolest shrine quest yet (Lanayru). I know thereā€™s some village I never encountered in the first playthrough - I will find it this time!!!

Okay I also played Wild Guns Reloaded which, wow, itā€™s exactly the same game but with new music and characters and a couple of new guns, and thatā€™s just alright with me. Also I fucking suck at the game and play it for 15 minutes at a time maximum before I get frustrated and quit. the new characters rule.

Oh yeah I also played Black Mesa for a bit. I love Half-Life, I think itā€™s aged pretty well. Itā€™s definitely more linear and limited than most people would expect from an FPS at this point, but I think itā€™s really crunchy, and each encounter is obviously very well planned. The bosses suck still though.

1 Like

Lecarde died from drowning, and the knockback had him land back on the floating platform

How gruesome

2 Likes

i always liked the grim little detail of his spear impaling him when he dies

1 Like

Played a bit of this Jotun game that was free on GOG. Itā€™s a really pretty, Viking-based Zelda type thingy. Unless I missed some upgrade in the first small area (pretty sure I found everything), the first boss has easy patterns but lots of life and it took too long for me to not die. Iā€™ll probably get through just because the animation and voice acting is so good but man, it really does not take much these days for me to be like ā€œwell thatā€™s it for this gameā€

1 Like

I think I have it setup? Itā€™s all ambient stuff right?

Actually this is really on point for my current playthrough of Black Mesa. I originally played Half-life without any music, somehow, so I thought it was just this one long atmospheric corridor. Black Mesa of course has music (not sure if itā€™s the original) and it really changes the atmosphere of some set pieces. I think I might prefer it without music?

Its industrial music. You probably need a sourceport that can play it from mp3s in today times unless you have a physical disc

Seems to only work in episode 1! I followed the guide.

Man the music cues in HL1 kill

1 Like

Half-Life has always been silent except when it pumps a killer music cue VERY LOUD after something exciting happens

so on every music cue youā€™re primed to feel like youā€™re slow-mo swaggering past a pile of explosions