Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I gotta be me

(the hitbox is weird on that boss but that’s how I fight it)

3 Likes

approach slowly, bait into the low jump, jump kick/body slam or walk up and punch, repeat

if hit, abuse invincibility and run up and throw and get a ton of damage

yes, I checked this on a real system, on expert, and it only took me three runs to actually land on the space (the one time I want to land on it and I can’t…)

1 Like

Oh god you can throw him?
Anyway thanks for this, I’ll try a run tonight

we doin it

EDIT: I thought I beat the dice palace boss with 3 life to spare and then the dude threw a bomb at me and now I have to start all over again

7 Likes

I find the end of this puzzling but also I have strats for every square on the board on expert so maybe I should play other games

other games: I’ve been playing too much ARMS and also I did the season 5 thing for Overwatch and I hit master so now I don’t have to play competitive again for another two and a half months

remembering how much my best friend from high school loved the succinctness of “black has built a silly dice maze”

and how many times we played gunstar with terrible dreamcast sound emulation because the megadrive emulator that wasn’t reverse engineered from the smash pack wasn’t released until like 2005

5 Likes

did my yearly playthrough of rez w the volume and bass fkn cranked. yeehaw

3 Likes

got the wipeout omega collection! it is my first wipeout!

I LOVE IT

a large large part of it is that it’s one of the few games that actually has good electronic music? I kind of missed the 90s big beat/techno trend so it’s not exactly my wheelhouse but it’s curated to fit what’s happening in the game so there’s that

what should I know about wipeout

2 Likes

you can double tap the airfoils to hop

it’s a very satisfying game and is like a perfect mix of zero-G arcadey racer and something more technical, you rarely need to use the brakes but you have to use the airfoils and let off the gas a lot

also, before I forget

the general rule is that you can throw pretty much anything that isn’t a giant robot (I’m pretty sure you can throw the gems during the last boss but they just float back into position unharmed after only going in the throw direction for a second). for instance, the boss fight with Orange is hilariously easy if you can land some throws on the wings (I think it’s like 3-400 damage versus the paltry amount you get for tossing him off)

it’s like shaking in Mischief Makers. throw/shake EVERYTHING

2 Likes

i’m impressed how much i enjoy the soundtrack in this one for stuff which isn’t usually my shit.
i wish they had included some classic soundtracks though, wip3out still the best w the sasha curation.

see the result of this being my first one is that I’m really mad I didn’t know about sasha curating the tracks for that game COME ON

l e v e l 3 8

7 Likes

Snipezerker Bartz

That was basically the final boss and the rest of the game is the ending cutscene, with your Chemist and all.

3 Likes

Just tweet that screenshot to Gilgabot and claim your fiesta completion

2 Likes

Like Felix said, learn the airbrakes (triggers). after you spend long enough hitting walls and exploding, letting off the gas and slamming the airbrake to make a hairpin turn and then immediately boosting out of it without hitting a wall is just so satisfying

You can press circle to absorb a weapon’s power to repair your shields, this will occasionally save you

wip3out having redbook audio was the best. I used to drive around listening to that CD.

1 Like

I tired to play NeuWolf today and spent about 2 hours fucking with drivers and 15 minutes playing

I’ve always had a large tolerance for PC foibles but it reinforced why consoles are a thing

2 Likes

I know about this already because while I was working on something today, a little thing popped up every five seconds telling me KM IS PLAYING NUWOLF for about an hour

2 Likes

i was playing armored core and anytime you fail a mission you just lose some money and keep going, nbd – but i took a mission that was a setup and i got ambushed and killed, and instead of continuing it played a mini cutscene showing that i was assassinated and i got a game over and kicked back out to the main menu

also been playing shutokou battle 0

3 Likes