Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Taking turns playing OutRun 2006 w/ @mothmanspirit and @Bee this game is rad

4 Likes

Also we did some co-op Neo Contra which was certainly the experience of a lifetime

1 Like

I should play this more; I couldn’t figure out the combat for the 30 minutes in the tutorial wheat field and hour of Real Game I gave it and succeeded only in getting red all over my first opponent’s kimono.

1 Like

I thought the combat was excellent. I loved that you could kick root vegetables into your mouth whilst fighting to heal. The music is ace. After two runs I called it a day though, the rogue elements didn’t have the legs to carry it for me. I had way more fun with this than Dragon Quarter though.

1 Like

there was a move with the starting sword you could unlock where you’d sweep them and they’d fall over and you’d stab them from above while they’re down

but the sweep counted as a kick so it was the best to kick a turnip up and heal at the same time while using this OP move

it has been a really long time - did the first wots have any of the silly anachronisms of the later games?

when my dude in wots3 wearing stone wash jeans asked another samurai “where can I take a piss at?” was a real Moment

2 Likes

Just the black dude with the afro who’s trying to look out for the girl. So by the series’ later standards, it’s restrained

way of the samurai is one of those perfect little gems. the sequels are all quite good as well, just not as “wow, this is hella neat”-inducing

1 Like

Still playing Breath of the Wild. finished the third dungeon. I have no idea how to get near death mountain now though. So I guess I’ll…just do sidequests?? Get rich on monster parts???

you have to actually approach on foot from the tower near the lost woods and it’ll make sense, I kept trying to swoop in and it does not work out

I’ll have to try again. I walked over a mountain and then set on fire, so I figured I needed to find some special equipment or something.

Don’t forget about potions. I found a lady near the stable at the foot of the mountain that sells a set of fireproof potions that should get you through to the city where you can then buy some armor to stay protected.

Tank it up to the city with dozens of cooked items, who needs fireproof potions

1 Like

obviously you stasis a rock or boulder, hammer the fuck out of it in the direction of Death Mountain, grab on and let physics take over

1 Like

too bad, i’m doin’ it as-is

i mean, i don’t really have to pay attention to the grind or anything. and 20-30 mins/day adds up, it’s not like i have to finish this soon

there’s three basic grind spots: prototype(only fight in area, not too bad with axes, but zero money, 4~5 rounds, 500 exp), crescent island(consistent fights, generally clear in a round or two, 240ish exp consistently, best money), and istory(one in four fights is vs mini-dragons, which are worth a lot, but take awhile to kill + everything else there sucks)

crescent’s my best bet overall i feel, as it has the least downtime, but they’ll all take forever

compared to mmo grind this is still nothing

this doesn’t sound fun at all

it totally isn’t

but i signed up for this and i am stubborn enough to see it through

2 Likes

also:

it’s still more fun than final fantasy 14

sorry

I gave up on my second and so far last fiesta because my first job was white mage and I started on a real DS forgetting I couldn’t fast forward there, our stubbornness level is pretty different.

An underrated quality of permadeath is that you just die and restart when the RNG screws you, rather than running into a brick wall of nonprogress

I played Gunstar Heroes until 3AM trying to beat the board game stage because I was ridiculously tired and died like three times to Curry Rice without my weapons

I still need to look up a video just to figure out how to hit him because when I try to slide or body splash (the only means I know of to convey any damage) it doesn’t appear to be useful