Games You Played Today Classic Mini

i started playing Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate about a week ago. its probably the first musou game ive played seriously and i really like it. im finding that these games arent as simplistic as people have made them out to be? even though that isnt really a point against them either, like EDF is basically my platonic ideal of a videogame and its along very similar lines. the weapon fusion system is a cool thing to fuck around with after every battle, i like having to keep my eye out for more powerful weapons and better affixes so i can make my extremely overpowered guys even more powerful. im really enjoying the combat, all the combos are pretty easy to wrap your head around but most characters have immensely satisfying ones! lu bu has this fucking sick combo where he carves his way thru a crowd, grabs an enemy like the fucking undertaker and then slams him into the ground so hard he explodes!! you have 3 characters in your crew at a time and you can do all kinds of switch attacks and if your bond between officers is high enough your other dudes will come in to help you if youre getting airjuggled and shit. overall theres a lot more going on in this game than 99% of people who talk about musou to me led me to believe. theres a nonsense plot about demons and time travel! you can inexplicably wander into stages from dead or alive 5 and encounter ninja gaiden characters. joan of arc gave me a lottery ticket for some reason! its fucking sick as hell!!

8 Likes

for a $30 piece of software it feels pretty extraordinary

I am better at computer than I am at sustained creative work and even I am massively chuffed

is it pretentious if I call my level cremaster 6

3 Likes

The movement on this character is fantastic.

Talking about a way to “sell” a dream as its own separate product, is probably a bit far ahead of the curve. I mean, of course its really easy to think about. But I"m sure that Media Molecule is not yet prepared for managing something like that. There will probably be thousands of new dreams started, daily. They would have to come up with some sort of process to upvote a particular dream, to be granted the right to be sold, or something. And then the creator may have to campaign on social media, to make sure they get those votes.

and then what? is a vote quota simply enough? or is MM then going to make a personal review of the game to determine if they think its good enough?

I dunno man, but for now, Dreams seems pretty awesome. I thought LBP was awesome. This is transcendent.

Why the heck am I playing the missing? After seeing Swery RT ever person that praises it and finding absolutely nothing on SB I guess I got more curious than the trailers led me to be.

This game is real clunk clunk clunk and predominately a woman screaming or crying blasting out of my TV speakers thanks video game! I certainly do believe everyone has the right to be who they are. Now drop the honkey writing and how desperately you want to make something like David Lynch by copying him.

I think with a good look at myself I can say no payoff is worth this.

EDIT: Looked up the plot. Yeah this isn’t worth directly torturing a woman for hours to solve puzzles.

In games I liked I played through Wailing Heights and if you need a heavily UK halloween-ish adventure game that is about 3 hours long it is there for that niche. Not as good as the greats and you should certainly play the greats first, but if you had that itch.

4 Likes

a few months ago, a friend came by and we wanted to have a game night, so i bought The Missing and uhh yeah, i think it sucks. we got stuck at one part for about an hour because the mechanics of the game are so obtuse that me, person who plays game all the time and a lot, and them, person who teaches game design at NYU, could not figure out what the fuck the game wanted us to do.

1 Like

I have a real good rate of buying games on switch that I get negative enjoyment out of.

4 Likes

Despite my PC version of Dragon’s Dogma having no pop up and a very late game save file, I think I’m dedicated to playing through it on the Switch. Maybe I won’t fuck up that treasure room in the catacombs this time…

2 Likes

NieR: Automata - Become as Gods Edition is on sale on the XBox store, so i picked it up. feels nice to be replaying this game again, even though i played it to death already. the enhanced visuals are a nice touch.

1 Like

22 Likes

aaaaa ;_;

12 Likes

(kicks bomb) BOH!!

BM64 is the best Bomberman game

5 Likes

The more time passes, the more I agree with this. I kind of keep expecting the series to wow me outside of multiplayer but it just doesn’t, and the weird low key isometric action puzzling of 64 keeps seeming stronger and stronger.

Plus the aesthetic is just so perfectly of it’s time and really well executed.

1 Like

I wish they kept this bomberman voice in Super Bomberman R instead of his new terrible wise guy bro voice

yeah I’m a sucker for a diorama

1 Like

i finally started playing titanfall 2 after hearing so many good things, i played the first two levels and it’s… certainly okay?

really it feels like any other modern cinematic shooter except there are bits where you have to run up walls and you get to go in a big robot now and then. the script is terrible. it is very pretty though! i mean, i’m having a fun time and it’s definitely better than like 98% of other shooters that came out that year, but i guess i was expecting more. also the second level is a sewer level, that sucked. and there was one of those bits where you have to fight a wave of enemies while waiting for a door to seal. just loads of cliches.

it is okay! maybe it will get better as i go on

2 Likes

Is the singleplayer highly regarded? I always thought multiplayer was the focus for those games.

It is. TF2 had a real single player mode while the first one just had some cutscenes added to multiplayer matches that had endings depending on which side won. Neat but very ignorable. The strength of TF2’s single player is just being the right length, hitting most set pieces you’d expect but then does just enough to keep it from feeling rote. It’s also novel in being a shoot man about moving as much as you can. The last half of the campaign is when things start to get interesting and you get some nice character moments.

1 Like

TF2 was dope and I did not play it enough.

1 Like

Here I’m going, Team… Team Fortress 2? Games need some more acronyms already

1 Like

What’s your favorite entry in the AC series?

3 Likes