Games You Played Today Classic Mini

I crashed baba is you by spawning too much ice and then accidentally making it pushable

9 Likes

I accidentally turned on free look and had no idea how to fix it.

Started watching tutorials while at work and kind of excited to get more into this game. The exploration aspect looks wild but I dunno if I want to get into that kind of risky work just yetā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve completed roughly 125 levels in Baba is you (took 17 hours) and the game keeps throwing fun new words at a decent pace.

Iā€™ve actually burst out laughing a few times, which usually never happens when playing videogames! I wonā€™t spoil anything but the gameā€™s playfulness reminds me of learning how to steal in Linkā€™s awakening + getting vaporized by the shopkeeper + getting Linkā€™s name changed to THIEF forever

I canā€™t deny that itā€™s sometimes hard to keep staying motivated though. Finishing a puzzle that took 20 minutes and getting rewarded with the same level except with one crucial word removed is very cute, but overwhelming

6 Likes

Plug for one of my very favorite youtubers, who plays ED with flight assist off, has a good sense of humor, is a brilliant pilot, and uses subtitles to preserve the distant spaciness of the gameā€™s atmosphere:

I pretty much just picked this particular vid at random, watch them all I say

3 Likes

Iā€™m at 113 levels and 10 hours but Iā€™ve found the main island puzzles harder than ???, Depths, and Meta. I definitely grinned and spammed a discord with ā€˜holy shitā€™ when I turned a level into baba the first time

1 Like

just checked and Iā€™m 4:40 and 53 levels

it is quite overwhelming, yes

I adore it

absolutely one of my favourite puzzle games from the past decade, up there with english country tune and better than the witness and mirror drop and escape goat 2

1 Like

This whole thing was riveting! Thank you!

Man, I really am enjoying Ketsui DEATHTINY (the best title), but it is hard as heck. But so much fun once you get even a modicum of flow going.

Also as I am one of the few Switch players that didnā€™t buy Splatton 2 (I do have the WiiU original) the free demo this week is fun and making me debate buying that again.

2 Likes

well, since I got that xbox game pass free month thing for forza horizon, I decided I may as well install sea of thieves.

itā€™s, uhh, pretty

I donā€™t get a single thing about it. I donā€™t know why you would ever play it by yourself. this doesnā€™t even feel like a game that was designed. itā€™s like a bunch of robots got handed an asset farm and they spun it around in circles until this popped out.

3 Likes

wow, i really hate sekiro!! maybe itā€™ll be better tomorrow but right now itā€™s pissing me the hell off!

1 Like

Mega Man 11 on ā€œSuperheroā€ is somewhat joyless. the difficulty spike results from the fact that there are no item drops. thisā€¦is not fun? the bosses, however, have new patterns, and that is fun, but i donā€™t know if those two things balance each other.

4 Likes

I want it in English! (I know thereā€™s barely a difference since itā€™s a STG but I donā€™t want to mess with a Japanese PSN account)

If you import the disc copy, you can just play with your US account and it comes with all the additional DLC. This is like 50 bucks including shipping from Prime.

The menus and such are still in Japanese, but thatā€™s not hard to deal with.

Given that the third ShotTrigger game still hasnā€™t been localized, I wonder if Ketsui will ever happen.

1 Like

Spent last night drinking red wine and doing more Space Trucking in Elite: Dangerous.

Took my new Hauler out for a spin and made some new jumps. Sucked at docking but at least I didnā€™t get assigned to any more occupied pads. Earned a bunch of credits and spent most of them refitting the Hauler to double its cargo capacity and almost triple itā€™s jump range.

Spent most of today at work looking at the gameā€™s wiki, and determined I want to move my operation further out to the Colonia region. I have no idea how far that is or whether I can afford to get there, but itā€™s important to have goals!

3 Likes

BTW, here is me trying to park my Sidewinder on my assigned-yet-occupied landing pad:

1 Like

you are making me want to get back into this real bad

1 Like

Same

Might have to reset my save and start over though because IIRC the last time I tried to play, I ended up ramming into the tower trying to leave the landing pad, and blew up

RIP Cobra Mk.IV

1 Like

Joinnnnnnn meeeeeeeeee (unless you play on PC, I donā€™t think thereā€™s cross-play?)

Iā€™m on xbox, which means I play alone

gaming into the void

forever

1 Like

I canā€™t think of a more appropriate game for that.