Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

the new destiny expansion is good. it is a evening romp length haloesque campaign followed by a matryoshka doll of gradually more complex quests and RPG design. the content culls were the right call. removing the cruft without making a sequel was the right call. it’s taut where it’s been slack for too long.

it’s free on the console version of xbox game pass (as are the previous two expansions). there’s no homework or leveling to do before you get into the game - you start within ten levels of every other player. if you have a character on a different platform you want to use you can link your accounts and cross-save. there is no cross-play for what i assume are platform-political reasons. come over to this thread where i wrote a short faq. shoot me a PM if you want to clan up on PC or maybe xbox if there’s a crowd.

if you read the collector’s edition journal story i posted up in the old news thread, imagine if that piece of errata somehow concluded in the game as something poetic and life affirming and gorgeous, not to mention maddening/elegant in its obviousness-in-hindsight. i love it. i’m so happy.

5 Likes