Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

Sky Odyssey

This is the first game in this series that I love. I mean I love Sky Odyssey.

This game is built from such a simple premise: you are a pilot explorer in a volatile region. The walls of ravines can come crashing down at any moment. The wind and rain tug at the wings of your plane. The environment pushes your machine to its limits and dares you to enter deeper into its mysteries.

From this simple premise, the developers are able to design masterful sequences and create surprising twists at each stage. I don’t want to talk about the specifics. I want you to find out on your own. I want you to play this now.

I remember when I first started to play the game, I was like a baby bird. I thought I knew how to fly, but I was proven wrong on the first 90 degree turn. After a few more crashes, I tried out the target and sky writing modes. With sky writing, I was amazed with myself and what I could do. After ten tries, I drew an infinity symbol. Sky Odyssey fits snugly within that category of game that asks you to do something perfectly and waits patiently for you to meet it where its at. Mastering Sky Odyssey is a small act of self-affirmation.

I have played almost all of this game though I haven’t yet found the secret runways nor have I unlocked every aircraft. I want to save those little tidbits for a day somewhere in the far future when I need them.

25 Likes